Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chevy 1.4L Turbo upgrade
(Cruze - Corsa - Merida)
Garrett GT28R (a.k.a. GT2560R) ballbearing turbocharger upgrade for1.4l chevy turbo manifold.

Note, while this turbo is bolt-on to the engine head and compatible with OEM oil lines, custom downpipe and air piping are necessary for installation. Also since this turbo is not equipped with integrated diverter valve like the factory one, and external diverter valve is required. (available separately)

-reliable ball bearing turbo, very efficient in the 150-250 HP range (can be pushed to 330 HP)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are you making these marcel? If so you should make the custom downpipes to go with it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I cant wait till warrenty is up to get something like this. Its beautiful i might add!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Even if there was a way they could make it work with the zzp ic kit that would be sweet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Blaast has the worst rep when it comes to turbochargers but it is pretty cool using the stock manifold cut and welded T25 flanged. You should be able to use any FMIC of your choice zzp and so on. Down pipe and air intake would just be needed

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Honestly I would never buy a turbo kit on ebay just saying, maybe if it was a little beater civic or something. Spend a little extra and do you're own build just my 2c. As far as the IC goes like sneaker said you should be able to use any IC to whether it be ZZP or CXracing to mount up to a turbo kit whether it be stock or aftermarket as long as the dimensions allow it to fit.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
looks great but tuneing and all would be interesting.I would still go with Vtuners upgraded turbo myself.I wouldnt push the stock 1.4 to anymore than 250 flywheel hp output.And even that is a lot.

Reactions: CHEVYCRUZE RS

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I'm surprised the little 1.4 can even take 250

Sent from the sexy electrician
I know the stock clutch can't handle that from what others have said around that # they usually upgrade around 230 as far as tourqe goes.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
figure tuned with meth and a ported intake and stock exhaust. You would be at about 210hp/230lbTQ (flywheel) give or take. Would be the perfect combo and with stock turbo and valve springs

·
Registered
990 Posts
HOW ABOUTH THIS Sonic

MPFab Sonic Turbo EFR Dyno Testing

257whp/251wtq. 93octane. EFR6258 MPFab prototype turbo kit ( stock block)

totally wanna see this kit for the Cruze..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wRbYX53Qo

Walker is at 261whp and 267 WTQ right now. He has no plans to release the kit for the cruze. And not even 100% for the sonic...

But he is nice enough to build me a turbo manifold for my cruze..

Reactions: SportBilly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MOST OF US ON THE FORUM WE JUST WANT 200 WHP THATS IT IF THERE IS A KIT THAT CAN GET US THERE AND Walker can make it whay not.

So way no over this to generals enthusiast???

·
Registered
990 Posts
MOST OF US ON THE FORUM WE JUST WANT 200 WHP THATS IT IF THERE IS A KIT THAT CAN GET US THERE AND Walker can make it whay not.

So way no over this to generals enthusiast???
if that's all you want then the stock turbo has done it on e85

1 - 20 of 32 Posts