Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty disapointed. I'm use to fast cars tho so this may be why. I have Injen CAI, ZZP o2 housing, ZZP mid pipe, and just a regular trifecta tune. Vince said there is room for some more power, but how much is the question. I am currently running 168HP and 202 ft/lb's of torque.

1st run: 16.06

2nd run: 16.01

3rd run: 15.91

Slept on first pull, the next two 435 was best R/T.

2012 Cruze's Trifecta tune so far has no sport tune, so I hope to shave at least 1 full second off with a sport tune. We'll see, it's in Vince's hands now!!! I will post pics of the time slips when I get a chance as well as video!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
There is no way you are going to shed 1 second with just the sport tune. Are those HP/TRQ numbers at the wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
all im gonna say is nothing pulls like vtec
honda beginner racing
vw for those who know whats up
big block for those who wanna spend 30k into a motor
lol

·
Banned
264 Posts
honda beginner racing
lol
vtec = variable valve time & electronic left control
vvt = variable valve timing
vtec is only useful in rpms > 6k (i-vtec is whole different ball game)
vvt is useful across entire rpm range.
vw's are a pos. minus r32's.
big blocks are...big blocks...enough said.

·
Registered
119 Posts
he doesnt know about the s4 biturbo...

On topic, what sort of tune does he have that isnt a sport tune? An economy tune?

·
Banned
355 Posts
Please, I would like to know how you are getting those power numbers? Also what was your 60', and trap speed?? What was the ambient temp and humidity? How much gas and what kind was in your tank? R/T has absolutely nothing to do with E/T...

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
LSX small block Chevy has officially put the big block out of business at GM....just sayin :)

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
787 Posts
Pretty disapointed. I'm use to fast cars tho so this may be why. I have Injen CAI, ZZP o2 housing, ZZP mid pipe, and just a regular trifecta tune. Vince said there is room for some more power, but how much is the question. I am currently running 168HP and 202 ft/lb's of torque.

1st run: 16.09
2nd run: 16.01
3rd run: 15.91

Slept on first pull, the next two 435 was best R/T.

2012 Cruze's Trifecta tune so far has no sport tune, so I hope to shave at least 1 full second off with a sport tune. We'll see, it's in Vince's hands now!!! I will post pics of the time slips when I get a chance as well as video!
Were you expecting 14's?

There is no way you are going to shed 1 second with just the sport tune. Are those HP/TRQ numbers at the wheels?
What tune do you have? Is it not the one that makes 21 psi?

honda beginner racing
lol
30K? You can build a strong BBC for 4K.

LSX small block Chevy has officially put the big block out of business at GM....just sayin :)
Heard of a 500 ci Sbc? :) I don't think a sb will do away with bbs any more than fuel injection did away with carbs.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Were you expecting 14's?

What tune do you have? Is it not the one that makes 21 psi?

30K? You can build a strong BBC for 4K.

Heard of a 500 ci Sbc? :) I don't think a sb will do away with bbs any more than fuel injection did away with carbs.
Fuel injection did do away with Carbs. No top tier automotive sport uses carbs anymore.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry to hear but thanks for going out and running the car!

This is what feeds my dilemma..I like my Cruze and all but spending $2k to get the car to ET what my Town & Country minivan does just doesnt do it for me :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
post up your time slips, we need to see some comparison on the 60 ft, 1/8 mile, 1000' times between your passes and my passes. My car only has a trifecta tune and if your times and my times are close then i'll agree with your time slips as being the benchmark for these cars.

Now on the 1/4 mile issue, I did travel the 300 miles yesterday to tulsa like i promised i would to make some passes in my car on a full 1/4 mile track tonight (currently relaxin at the holiday inn). This tank of fuel has even been swapped out for sunoco's 104 race fuel in hopes of reeling in a low low 15s, Which i firmly believe my car is capable of and i planned on proving tonight.

BUT my trip to the track got cut short last night when the clutch gave out and won't hold at WOT in 3rd and 4th.. soooo no new time slips from me boys and girls. Just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend with my daughters, go back home and order my new clutch on monday. So with that said, post up your slips, we'll compare and i'll see if my thoughts of a low 15 was only a pipe dream or had possibility.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No other mods, a set of cams, a tune, and a larger turbo would get the power you guys are looking for. Even a K04 from a solstice would be better than nothing. Leave the stock intake and exhaust system as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i'm not sure whats up with your car, we were close on the timeslips up to 1/8 mile then it looks like your car fell on its face. Must be the automatic

this is the split between yours and mine.

60ft= .049
330ft= .088
1/8=.106
1000=.399

so mine should be at worst 4 tenths faster, at best i'm guessing 6 tenths. That pretty much puts me right were i was guessing at about 15.3-15.5 with nothing but a trifecta tune, stock airbox, stock exhaust.

·
Banned
355 Posts
In my opinion, these cars WILL see 14.9 with a great driver on just tune, tires intake and exhaust. I am very sure of it. I will quote myself when it happens :) let the engines loosen up a bit and people learn how to launch these things best!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts