Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have just purchased a 2013 chevy cruze with roughly 17000 miles on it. Right after I purchased the car I noticed that sometimes,not all the time, but especially if in heavy traffic, while in driving and after coming to a stop when I release my foot off the brake without yet accelarating my car would jerk a little, like hesitate for a fraction of a second and then go. It only happens while the car is on drive but my foot is on the brake, right after I lift my foot off the brake it will jerk and then go. I took it to the dealer twice and they said they cannot duplicate the problem and since it doesn't do it all the time, they can't figure out what's wrong with it.Has anyone had any issues like this with their Cruze? Would appreciate some help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have a 2013 also with 18k miles and have noticed this but more so when foot is on the brake normally its before the car is 100 percent warmed up. it really hasn't bothered me

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I find it's most likely to happen if I take my foot off the brake when I'm super slow but not yet perfectly stopped. The car's dropping back in gear while still moving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the replies. I have talked to two other 2013 chevy cruze owners that have had their cars much longer then I had mine and they both said that they don't feel any hesitation or jerking at all. I have driven other cars and have never felt anything like I am experiencing with the Chevy. I have tried to lift my foot off the brake slowly to see if I notice anything different, but it still does it. The temperature doesn't seem to affect it because it happens almost all the times if I am in traffic and I am pressing the brake often. Other drivers mention something like this when they are stopped with the foot on the brake. My car hesitates to go and then jerks after I release my foot off the brake, which makes it quite annoying to drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have experienced what you are talking about, but my issue with the jerking is different. It happens when I am stopped in traffic, after I release my foot off the brake and before I even accelerate, the car does not move for a fraction of a second, then it somehow feels like it goes a little backwards then forward, creating a jerking feeling.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
I think he talked to a couple of Cruze owners where he lives.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
If the car is on a slight uphill it will roll backwards a bit before the trans re-engages.....this would have been a good candidate for 'roll control'

Rob

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thank you all for the replies. I have talked to two other 2013 chevy cruze owners that have had their cars much longer then I had mine and they both said that they don't feel any hesitation or jerking at all. I have driven other cars and have never felt anything like I am experiencing with the Chevy. I have tried to lift my foot off the brake slowly to see if I notice anything different, but it still does it. The temperature doesn't seem to affect it because it happens almost all the times if I am in traffic and I am pressing the brake often. Other drivers mention something like this when they are stopped with the foot on the brake. My car hesitates to go and then jerks after I release my foot off the brake, which makes it quite annoying to drive.
Hi Idv,

We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and if you are running out of ideas and need to head into the dealership, let us know if you need additional assistance. We would be happy to look into this further for you, and reach out to the dealership on your behalf. Just send us a private message our way along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,536 Posts
A little thump from a complete stop is perfectly normal - as others have said, it drops into neutral to keep the transmission from loading the engine and wasting more fuel at a stop. If it becomes worse, you should probably change the transmission fluid.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
When taking off from a stop light, one needs to learn the proper finesse when getting back on to the throttle to avoid the clunk. Its not the brake action that causes this, its too quick of a right foot. If the stoplight is on a hill(even a slight grade) to avoid any rolling back I would recommend using both feet, one on the brake and the other to ease into the throttle.

I believe the key is to get onto the throttle as light as you possibly can and wait until the car is moving to give it any more gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I meant to say is that apparently not all Chevy Cruze cars act this way. Some people say it't normal, some say it's not. Whether it's normal or not, it is not comfortable to drive. The jerking sensation is often pretty strong, more like a stumble or a rocking sensation. To feel this almost every time I release the brake does not seem normal. In the end, I am trying to figure out if Iwhat I am describing about my vehicle is on the same page with what other owners are describing.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Whether it's normal or not, it is not comfortable to drive. The jerking sensation is often pretty strong, more like a stumble or a rocking sensation. To feel this almost every time I release the brake does not seem normal. In the end, I am trying to figure out if Iwhat I am describing about my vehicle is on the same page with what other owners are describing.
To that extent, I'm not sure as it is normal. I notice it from time to time, but not all the time. And as long as it's not indicating something is failing, it's ignorable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts