Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

My 2013 Cruz Eco - 6 spd manual + rear vision for $17,800

4262 12
Folks,

First car I've purchased in 25 years! Had an '88 Dodge Caravan with 310,000 miles -- hope to make the Eco a keeper. I think I got a great deal on the car. The only add on package was the driver convenience, because I really wanted the backup camera. I had checked prices online and was expecting to pay about 19,000. I'm a former AF Pilot, used the USAA Car buying service and they gave me names of dealers who would honor an $18,300 price for the Eco w/standard transmission. Talked to a couple of dealer, one threw in the convenience package at no additional cost!

Picked up the car last Friday (Rochester Area), and the dealer gave me an extra $500 for the Chevy Memorial Day sale.

I'm really happy and just love the mileage.

John

Attachments

Reactions: Merc6 and EcoDave
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Epic Beard Man
5,351 Posts
Welcome John, and a nice car you have there! Hope it performs as well as the Caravan, because I hear those things were nearly bullet proof.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Congrats and welcome to CruzeTalk.

· Premium Member
1,070 Posts
That is a sweet deal, it's right under what I paid for mine. Congratulations on a wonderful M/T Eco!
The way I did mine was tackle the dealers with a best price offers and then after I decided on Black Granite Metallic, USAA was another $750 off.
I paid $18,044 including all taxes , fees and registration.

The Eco rewards you for hypermiling and it's almost like it dares you to do so.
Eco: "go ahead, I dare you to beat your best 50 mile score"

Check out these threads on how to get the most out of your brand new car.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/5387-how-get-better-fuel-economy.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/13421-hypermiling-eco-mt.html

· Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome (to Club ECO)! ECO M6 owner here too! Used USAA buying service too. So far (since July 2011) the Cruze has been great.

· Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the new Cruze... Great color Choice also...

· Premium Member
1,345 Posts
My favorite color on the Cruze. Hate that it's been discontinued. Congrats for sure! I wish my average went above 50 in my 2012. 50.0 is as high as mine goes.

I can't see your avatar, but if you haven't hit the veterans thread to get your badge, do it!!

(1998-2009 F-16 Crew Chief, 2009 current C-17 crew chief)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
739 Posts
Hate that it's been discontinued.
I love that its discontinued, that way there are less out there that can look like mine and will increase my resale value... Although when its time to get another I hope they have brought it back cause All my vehicles have been dark greys :)

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts

· Premium Member
881 Posts
I see in 2013 the DIC fuel economy "game" goes higher than 50 MPG. One of my quibbles with the 2012.

I'm working a 50 MPG 500 mile score, myself. Met it once before.

That is a sweet deal, it's right under what I paid for mine. Congratulations on a wonderful M/T Eco!
The way I did mine was tackle the dealers with a best price offers and then after I decided on Black Granite Metallic, USAA was another $750 off.
I paid $18,044 including all taxes , fees and registration.

The Eco rewards you for hypermiling and it's almost like it dares you to do so.
Eco: "go ahead, I dare you to beat your best 50 mile score"

Check out these threads on how to get the most out of your brand new car.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/5387-how-get-better-fuel-economy.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/13421-hypermiling-eco-mt.html

· Premium Member
1,345 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.