Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my moms 2014 at 17, 5k miles and it currently has approximately 310,000 mi on it because hey, that's what cars are for and my job required it.
Have not had to do a thing to it except that I finally gave up and let the timing belt be changed at 170k because of all the if it breaks the whole engine's going to go stuff I kept getting. **** thing was still spanking new!
Fast forward to approximately a month ago and the fact that the engine light stays on all the time and the traction control / service traction control light was coming on a lot, and suddenly the engine light is blinking and the car basically has very little power but finally clears its throat so to speak and I get home fine and have four more days of no issues of the same sort.
Fifth day, it starts the same thing and dies at the first stop sign I arrived to and will not restart.
I just got it towed back home and because YouTube had everything pointing at it being the PCV valve, I just got through removing the cover as that's where they also said it was located. Not.
Until I get some codes to add to this post, does any of this sound familiar as for what to suggest to try?
TIA.

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
1,817 Posts
I bought my moms 2014 at 17, 5k miles and it currently has approximately 310,000 mi on it because hey, that's what cars are for and my job required it.
Have not had to do a thing to it except that I finally gave up and let the timing belt be changed at 170k because of all the if it breaks the whole engine's going to go stuff I kept getting. **** thing was still spanking new!
Fast forward to approximately a month ago and the fact that the engine light stays on all the time and the traction control / service traction control light was coming on a lot, and suddenly the engine light is blinking and the car basically has very little power but finally clears its throat so to speak and I get home fine and have four more days of no issues of the same sort.
Fifth day, it starts the same thing and dies at the first stop sign I arrived to and will not restart.
I just got it towed back home and because YouTube had everything pointing at it being the PCV valve, I just got through removing the cover as that's where they also said it was located. Not.
Until I get some codes to add to this post, does any of this sound familiar as for what to suggest to try?
TIA.
If it's a 1.4L engine, it has a timing chain. The 1.4L engine is also non-interference so if it breaks the valves will NOT hit the pistons.

The 1.8L on the other had has a timing belt and IS and interference engine. So if the timing belt on it breaks the valves can hit the pistons.

This leaves me to the million dollar question, which engine do you actually have?

That will make a big difference in trying to solve you problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts