Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for 24,000 miles now and was about ready to drive it to the Mexico border and hope the drug cartel would car jack me so I could get rid of it. Many know of the transmission complaints. Instead of it getting better, it got worse over time. It would act confused, especially when downshifting. It would hesitate when you really had to push it. The car would fall flat on it's face at 3.5K RPM's.

Any ways, I took my car into the dealer due to my water pump leaking. I got it back and instantly noticed a change. So I am wondering if there was a software update to it, because I doubt the slow coolant leak was the source of the herky jerky. It has power, it down shifts much better; though gear 2 to 1 is still a little noticeable, it no longer makes me want to kill myself in stop and go traffic. My work order only says the water pump, seal and a coolant and brake flush was done so not sure if a software update was too.

·
Super Moderator
5,137 Posts
What trim level do you have? As you suggested, there was probably a TSB software update that they just did.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Pricyber,

I am so glad to see that the issue that you were experiencing has been resolved. Remember that you can send me a private message if you ever need any assistance with your Cruze or dealership visits.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
647 Posts
no tsb or reprogram. they disconnected the battery. that resets the TCM and clears all learned data. Most of us that are tuned clear TCM data with ez flash every 3,000 miles or so. I do it every oil change

Reactions: brian v

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...a "stuck" bit (byte) in the OEM TCM code from the factory, which was "cleared/reset" during the dealerships diagnostics or TSB performance for something else?

Reactions: brian v

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Nah , a stuck bit of a byte cleared . Never heard of that ever happening with these controllers . But then again there is always a first time for a bit of a byte getting unstuck . Tooth Pics any one .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. I didn't know it could be reset by disconnecting the battery. If it starts to suck again I will give it a shot.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
Interesting. I didn't know it could be reset by disconnecting the battery. If it starts to suck again I will give it a shot.
This is a "once every couple months" part of routine maintenance for my dad's Jeep. It starts to clunk and shift like crap for some reason.

If you start to notice your fan running sometimes after the car is shut off, they may have actually done an ECU SW update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, after driving the car for a couple thousand miles, the transmission sucks again :( I almost got killed due to the hesitation. No more punching it on left hand turns ha ha. I'll try the battery thing this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts