Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Ive had my 2015 chevy cruze for about 6 months and have been very happy with it. Since acquiring it i have tinted the windows. Changed the shift knob. Ordered an aem intake (which i have been waiting 3 weeks for so far) and finally flashed the trifecta tune stock+/tour. Wow... This is how the car should run. So responsive and so much fun. Took a dull and heavy economy car and turned it into a monster. My only gripe is that the tour mode is engaged by turning on the cruise control. I need to reach out to wot tuning and find out if the mpg will be the same using cruise on tour mode being that i use cruis control. I am curious if they offer a stock+/eco instead cause that would be great. Now im considering an exhasut but i dont want to modify my rs bumper. If you havent done the trifecta tune. Drop what you are doing and get it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cant Wait Just for The Elite Tune From Trifecta Waiting for Christmas haha

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
That's great! My next investment is a tune for my 2015. Great to see another 2015 happy with the tune.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the CC toggling of the tune(s) only applies to automatics, right?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,306 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the CC toggling of the tune(s) only applies to automatics, right?
Both transmissions.

I am curious if they offer a stock+/eco instead cause that would be great.
I believe they have an Eco/Tour tune, but the stock+/eco would lose a lot of the benefits of buying their tune, I would think.

Just leave the cruise control on if you don't need the power - you'll soon learn to ignore that white light on the dash, just like the green ones for the lights.

·
1,028 Posts
Just leave the cruise control on if you don't need the power - you'll soon learn to ignore that white light on the dash, just like the green ones for the lights.
Ah, so CC on means "chill" mode, and CC off means "go" mode? I rarely have my CC off (I'm a stickler for maintaining a steady speed, both for traffic sense and fuel economy). But if I have to remember to turn it off to get the sporty tune, that's perfect. I was worried it was the other way around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both transmissions.

I am curious if they offer a stock+/eco instead cause that would be great.
I believe they have an Eco/Tour tune, but the stock+/eco would lose a lot of the benefits of buying their tune, I would think.

Ah, so CC on means "chill" mode, and CC off means "go" mode? I rarely have my CC off (I'm a stickler for maintaining a steady speed, both for traffic sense and fuel economy). But if I have to remember to turn it off to get the sporty tune, that's perfect. I was worried it was the other way around.
Im pretty sure cc enables tour mode. With cc off its in stock+. When i turn cc on it holds a higher rev before shifting

·
1,028 Posts
Im pretty sure cc enables tour mode. With cc off its in stock+. When i turn cc on it holds a higher rev before shifting
Maybe I need clarification of terminology, too..."tour", "stock+", etc...

My hope (and logic) is that having the CC on means "cruising" so that would toggle on an efficient (read: stockish) tune, and CC off means "driving" which would toggle an aggressive (read: performance) tune.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,306 Posts
CC button on = stock+ or Eco mode, depending on which tune you purchased.
CC button off = zoom zoom.

I have the Trifecta Tune ion my 2011 ECO 6MT. In ECO mode (cruise control activated) I pulled 48.5 mpg at 72 mph on the relatively flat upstate NY Thruway. This was calculated - not DIC. I am happy with the Trifecta tune. If I want some pretty strong performance just switch off the cruise, I was easily keeping up with my step son in the 2011 BMW 528i loaner he was driving back in September. I believe that car has a 240 hp turbo 2 litre 4cyl / 8 speed transmission. You will need to use 91 or 93 octane though.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
trifects is turned on by activation of CC or cruse control. basically a stock tune or touring when cruise control is on and when you flip it off its sport

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
if that is how yours is working, its not right.

i have Eco/Tour and when CC is off it is in touring (POWER MODE) and with CC switched on it is in ECO mode. You can literally feel the power drop off (even at a steady speed) when you flip the CC switch.

·
1,028 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, everyone! Sounds like I wasn't the only one unsure about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got the same and agree with Terry. You can keep your foot on the pedal at the same speed but when you flip the CC on, you feel the car slow down as the eco+ mode is now engaged

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, almost way too many different subjects in one short paragraph to make sense in these early hours of the morning.

Are you saying by making your Cruze a monster, that your 8.8 seconds 0-60 mph standard times have been dropped to 2.9 seconds after the tune?

But if you switch on the cruise control, your fuel economy remains exactly the same before and after the tune?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts