Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago I had the issue where my key was stuck in the ignition. ( WASNT THE STEERING WHEEL ISSUE). I solved the issue by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it just like the nice lady at the service department said. Well it happened to me yesterday when I was trying to leave for work, I stuck the key in, turned the ignition, car did not turn over and key was stuck. So I attempted to remove the battery just like last time, well this time when I try and reconnect the battery the car alarm goes off in the middle of a restaurant parking lot. Please can I get some help?

·
Registered
574 Posts
as soon as you reconnect the battery put the key in & turn it to the on position, not the start position. I believe the alarm goes off to prevent from stealing. I also think just by turning the key in the door handle this works to but not 100% sure. Good luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as soon as you reconnect the battery put the key in & turn it to the on position, not the start position. I believe the alarm goes off to prevent from stealing. I also think just by turning the key in the door handle this works to but not 100% sure. Good luck
What causes this issue?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Have the battery checked. Weird things start to happen when the battery starts to go. You may have a short in a cell causing the battery to not let you start the car, the at a different time, the battery may be fine. Or seem fine.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Is it possible your locking the steering column when you exit the car? Really easy to do if you use the wheel to help yourself out of the car. When the steering wheel is locked, you can't turn the key all they way forward, you need to juggle the steering wheel slightly left and right while turning the key to unlock it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have the battery checked. Weird things start to happen when the battery starts to go. You may have a short in a cell causing the battery to not let you start the car, the at a different time, the battery may be fine. Or seem fine.
Its done this with both batteries I have. First one was stock, and now with this wall build the xs 3400.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible your locking the steering column when you exit the car? Really easy to do if you use the wheel to help yourself out of the car. When the steering wheel is locked, you can't turn the key all they way forward, you need to juggle the steering wheel slightly left and right while turning the key to unlock it.
I stated this wasn't the issue, but thanks for your input. The car actually does not turn over nor does any electronics turn on when the key is turned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not saying this is the problem but from what I read on here the negative battery cable is faulty. I would try that 1st
I had to make all the d3400's battery cables and the stock neg cable I could not get out so I left it connected with the one smaller ground attached to it. Ill look into that in the AM

·
Registered
1 Posts
my brother bought a 2013 cruze with 15k miles, nice looking car. he's had it a month key stuck wont start 3 times. dealer replaced the battery still happens also get anti theft on dash no lites. sounds simalar to your problem. did changing the ground work ?
mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts