Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided to stop being to lazy and do something with my 2014 LT White Cruze. I had a decent size list of what I wanted to do and was not sure where to begin.
I started off by doing some plastidip. I did both the front and back bowties. As I was looking around my car, thinking what else could I use this plastidip for. After some forum surfing, I found that I could do my rear "diffuser". So that is what I did. I have many more ideas to do to my cruze.

Future List:
Plasti Dip front lower grille
Black Rims (plasti dip or brand new rims? opinions would be appreciated)
Front and Back window tint
Black Tail Lights

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Just as a thought, you might want to consider plasti dipping just the spokes of the rims. Personally, I find all-black a little much, but leaving just the rim itself has a nice look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black Chrome Strip

So today i decided the back needed a little bit more "black" to it. Thinking of what I could do and looking around on the forums, I found i could do the chrome piece between the tail lights.

Before:
before black chrome.jpg

During:
during black out chrome.jpg

After:
after black chrome.jpg

Was looking at the back and thinking I needed to do my tail lights. Any thoughts on doing some smoke on my tail lights?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was looking at the back and thinking I needed to do my tail lights. Any thoughts on doing some smoke on my tail lights?
Ebay has a lot of tint film - so do many auto stores (not window tint - I believe it is different)
For your car a light smoke would look nice - that way you retain some of the red but will have some darkened appearance. What were you looking to do?

Here's a thread with some smoked tail lights - there are many more too
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-appearance-body-detailing-interior/3141-gunsmoked-tail-lights-pic.html

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay has a lot of tint film - so do many auto stores (not window tint - I believe it is different)
For your car a light smoke would look nice - that way you retain some of the red but will have some darkened appearance. What were you looking to do?

Here's a thread with some smoked tail lights - there are many more too
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-appearance-body-detailing-interior/3141-gunsmoked-tail-lights-pic.html
was looking to do something similar and that type of shade of smoke (dont wanna go too dark)
I heard that the ebay tint was a pain to put on
thanks for the link!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steering wheel
So all i did was tape around to bowtie directly on the steering wheel. I then took a garbage bag and ripped it so that the bowtie showed through the hole in the bag. I take to bag to the top of dash and onto the steering wheel column to keep it in place. and then just did the plasti dip. I did 4 layers, waiting 15 mintutes between each layer

·
Registered
42 Posts
So all i did was tape around to bowtie directly on the steering wheel. I then took a garbage bag and ripped it so that the bowtie showed through the hole in the bag. I take to bag to the top of dash and onto the steering wheel column to keep it in place. and then just did the plasti dip. I did 4 layers, waiting 15 mintutes between each layer
Thank you, that is what i have done but it never came out that nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Black Rims

Have been wanting to do this for a while and finally found the time to plasti dip my rims. I did it this way because new rims were not in my budget right now. I think they turned out good. Also did the Cruze and LT badges black as well the other day. Here are some pics

Angle, Black Rims.jpg Back with black badges no plate.jpg Black Rim.jpg Side, Black Rims.jpg

Took my a little bit more time because I didnt have enough jack stands and could only do one side at a time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Accident :(

So the other day I had a minor accident with another car. Busted up my tail light and a few scrapes on the bumper

So went and got an estimate on the bumper, it came to about $550 (ouch). I put a new tail light in myself after finding one on eBay for $50.

Extra:
The same day I put new headlight bulbs in which were Sylvania Silverstars
Stock is the first picture and the Silverstars are the second

Future:
Rally Armor Mud Flaps- put on in spring when warmer and have more time
Window Tint also coming in the spring

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry about the accident, I just got the Smoke tail light tint on my cruze i think it looks perfect. H ere is what it looks like if you are still thinking about it 100_1593.jpg

So the other day I had a minor accident with another car. Busted up my tail light and a few scrapes on the bumper

So went and got an estimate on the bumper, it came to about $550 (ouch). I put a new tail light in myself after finding one on eBay for $50.

Extra:

Future:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry about the accident, I just got the Smoke tail light tint on my cruze i think it looks perfect. H ere is what it looks like if you are still thinking about it View attachment 180529
thanks man, I saw your post and loved the look of your tail lights!

·
Registered
151 Posts

Extra:

Future:
Rally Armor mud flaps. I'm going to look those up, I definitely need some here in MI.

Edit. Actually I already have a set of the universal ones. Originally I didn't want to mount them because they aren't plug and play. Maybe I'll have my body shop guy help me mount them. So they are mounted symmetrically and don't fall off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts