Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We managed to save the Cruze from certain death. The muddy black river water didn't touch it. But thousands of people lost their cars here. Today, after 2 1/2 months of waiting, we finally called back and asked them if they will fix the noise. We were lucky that they remember us and the last time we were there we took the guy out for a spin and he heard the noise. I opened a thread about it about the howling noise which appeared to be the Venting Valve. The mechanic explained to my wife and what he explained was that it is a "cable" for the gas tank that needs to be changed.

Remember, this is my wife explaining it, and women don't know crap about cars

This happens to the Petrol Cruze here in Thailand but not the Diesel one. The noise appears just a few weeks after you buy it. It is a "known issue" here and all the mechanics know to put the replacement part under warranty. I leave it on Sunday night and get it Monday night. I hope this is finally fixed. It's really annoying. Otherwise, we enjoy the car very much.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I remember your earlier thread and of course I saw pictures on the US tv about the flooding. I was fearful that you might have been affected. Glad to hear you saved your Cruze. How did you do it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.