Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into it this morning and cranked it up and the ice warning came on but it was in German. I scrolled through the menu's and they were all in German, but the funny thing was the speed and tire pressure was in English. The rest was German in all the different screens. I went to the screen to change to USA and nothing happened, it stayed in German. So I just drove off to my appointment. When I got back in and cranked it up all was back to normal. Weird!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
I got into it this morning and cranked it up and the ice warning came on but it was in German. I scrolled through the menu's and they were all in German, but the funny thing was the speed and tire pressure was in English. The rest was German in all the different screens. I went to the screen to change to USA and nothing happened, it stayed in German. So I just drove off to my appointment. When I got back in and cranked it up all was back to normal. Weird!
Haha, we've seen this before on the forum! No one has figured out why it happens though. Just call it a quirk.

·
2,254 Posts
I'm curious, mine never has said "Ice possible, drive with care". Is that only on later models?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I recall someone else getting the Deutschland Über Alles treatment a few years ago.

Reactions: Merc6 and pacolino

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Mine has never seen ice, but it sounds like a cool feature.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Mine has never seen ice, but it sounds like a cool feature.
However, I'd imagine it's based on the outside air temperature - which could be different from the pavement temperature. To be really cool, I'd like to see a IR reading of the road.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 02 Silverado shows "ICE" in the little square in the rear view where the temp and compass are located.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Mine shows the "Ice possible drive with care" when the temp. is at 33 or below.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My 14' CTD shows the ice warning message at 37F or lower at startup (or when driving and the temp hits 37F or lower). Unfortunately, I see this message a few times a day for about 5 months out of the year.

Reactions: Cruze2.0TD

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts