Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I haven't been around here much, so I have finally got some time to get back on the forums! I hope everyone is enjoying there Cruze! I am just wanting to update about my experience w/ my Cruze so far I have luckily has been doing pretty good, I honestly hope I didn't jinks myself, lol.

I am clocking past 90K on my Cruze now, & heading towards 100K w/o any major issues since the engine replacement, I am still getting that very very small delay in shift in 3rd gear, however nothing irritating anymore.

And I got a small bolt or something rusted off the shield thing that is near where the back axles is at, can someone let me know what this? & plan to have the dealership put a new bolt or replace the whole thing, but if the bolt is rusted off which what looks like.

I soon to hope to get my 100K badge, if my car don't break down before that time, w/ this Cruze it's has its own moods so fingers crossed.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
I have heard a lot of complaints from Ford owners (6F35 transmission, which is a sister of the GM 6Txx series) about the 2-3 shift. Mine - annoyingly - sometimes holds out 2nd til well over 3000 RPM, then upshifts abruptly. I think it's just one of the weird nuances of this transmission.

At the back - exhaust heat shield or something?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard a lot of complaints from Ford owners (6F35 transmission, which is a sister of the GM 6Txx series) about the 2-3 shift. Mine - annoyingly - sometimes holds out 2nd til well over 3000 RPM, then upshifts abruptly. I think it's just one of the weird nuances of this transmission.

At the back - exhaust heat shield or something?
I think so, its back at that part of the car, I looked under there best I could at the space that was available. I'll get a better look tomorrow, if its dry. I know I hear the part rattling where the bolt has rusted off as far as I can tell that is what happened, it's sort looks like a heat shield silver looking stuff that wraps up hugging the body & over the back axle. Forgive me I just don't know what it is. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts