Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all other cruze owner i am just starting my SQ build this is a list of my equipment

Head Deck : Alpine INE-W997D
Processor : Alpine PXA-H800
Controller : Alpine RUX-C800
Amps : Alpine PDX-F6 X 2
Amp : Alpine PDX-M12 X1
Speakers : Morel Elates 603
Sub : Morel Ultimo 122

·
Registered
99 Posts
SRIV,

Do you have this equipment on hand already or looking to buy it? IF you have not bought anything yet I highly recommend reading over the SQ v2 thread providing you haven't yet.

I am working on a similar build to the high value one listed in that thread.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SRIV,

Do you have this equipment on hand already or looking to buy it? IF you have not bought anything yet I highly recommend reading over the SQ v2 thread providing you haven't yet.

I am working on a similar build to the high value one listed in that thread.
yes i have all my equipment all ready

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
I hope you realize it is both a waste of material and a substantial increase in weight to apply a 100% coverage of peel n stick deadener.

There are far more effective ways to accomplish what you were doing. Since it's obviously too late, I'm stating this for anyone who reads this thread in the future.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hope you realize it is both a waste of material and a substantial increase in weight to apply a 100% coverage of peel n stick deadener.

There are far more effective ways to accomplish what you were doing. Since it's obviously too late, I'm stating this for anyone who reads this thread in the future.

Sent from my STV100

I feel the need to disagree with that statement. While any deadener product will add weight, I am a firm believer of add as much as possible and/or afford. And/if you are at this point, you are already in deep. So go all in....IF you can afford the deadener, you can buy fuel, do not cheap out over gas costs cuz you put an extra 75/100 pounds in your car! I deadened my entire trunk and the trunk lid. Then I added layer of ensolite foam to it. MY doors also got the same treatment.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts

Sent from my STV100

I feel the need to disagree with that statement. While any deadener product will add weight, I am a firm believer of add as much as possible and/or afford. And/if you are at this point, you are already in deep. So go all in....IF you can afford the deadener, you can buy fuel, do not cheap out over gas costs cuz you put an extra 75/100 pounds in your car! I deadened my entire trunk and the trunk lid. Then I added layer of ensolite foam to it. MY doors also got the same treatment.
Then you don't understand acoustics or the purpose of the products you're using. A vibration deadener requires 25% coverage to effectively deaden vibrations. Anything over that just adds weight with no benefit. You need a mass loaded medium to actually block out sound, and in that application, you can use a 100% coverage.

The mistake most people make is assuming vibration deadeners are anywhere near as effective as mass loaded layers in blocking out sound, which is why you see total coverage jobs with vibration deadeners and people call it good. It's the wrong tool for the job.

A mass loaded vinyl will be more effective than a vibration deadener. Sure, you can get a screw into drywall with a hammer, but it's the wrong tool for the job. If you have the money, do it right. 100% coverage of vibration deadeners is not doing it right. It's copying what the last guy did because it looked good.

Ensolite foam is good for absorbing certain frequencies, depending on the thickness you're using, and for thermal insulation, but it's a very poor sound blocking medium.

I'd recommend reviewing some of these purpose built products for yourself:

www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

A methodical approach to sound treatment will yield far better results for the same or less money and for the same or less weight. There is no universal sound treatment product that performs all of the tasks you need it to in an automotive environment well, which is what people think these peel n stick products are. Treat each area you are trying to address with products specifically designed for that purpose.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys and Girls sorry i haven't been on here much been away with work just some more uploads of my build head unit and processor head unit install too Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Electronics Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Electronics Car Vehicle Multimedia Electronics Vehicle audio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.