Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Outstanding.

Is your commute on flat ground? I have a hill in each direction (river valley) on mine that won't allow me to stay in 6th even at 65.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
So how does it feel to have the highest mpg avg Cruze on Fuelly?
Here's the highest 2012 Cruze I can find on Fuelly (51.9 MPG). 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco 6MT (Chevrolet Cruze) | Fuelly. I'd really like to know how this Cruze is being driven. Lynreyn also has a 95 Neon getting 39.3 mpg. Both OP and lynreyn are so high that fuelly doesn't even chart them on their "2012 Cruze chart".

On a side note - it is really nice to see the ECO MT achieving results that are so high that the majority of prius drivers are being challenged.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
On a two lane interstate like 95 through South Carolina, under the 70 mph speed limit makes you a hazard.
And on many other two lane urban interstates throughout the country. Sometimes I feel that driving the posted speed limit in the right lane on C-470 around Denver makes me a road hazard.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
CruzeEcoBlueTopaz - congratulations. You are firmly in Prius mpg area.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Sorry - my point by comparing to the Prius is that you can get high mpg without spending an arm and a leg (you need two of each to drive a stick). As a friend of mine told me "you can't brag to your highbrow eco-friends that you're saving the planet by buying a hybrid". I told him I saved green.

As for Hybrids, looking at the sedans listed on hybridcars.com, only a handful of hybrids actually get better mpg than the Cruze ECO MT. A lot appear better on the EPA tests but looking at Fuelly.com, the ECO MT is far better than its EPA ratings but that the hybrids aren't.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Interesting did not know this. So to play devils advocate.. why do people bitch about lack of power with the A/C on? I mean I understand the Eco MT and Auto Transmission models have a lot of different engine features we just don't know all of them LOL.

But yeah, it's not worth sweating for no A/C. Unless your crawling in the city, the effect of windows on the aerodynamics hurts mileage more than the A/C it has been proven and documented. The Eco relies even more on aerodynamics than other models :(
As far as I know, no 6 cylinder engines have the A/C shut off when during hard acceleration. This feature appears to only be on 4 cylinder engines. Many 6's are just barely powerful enough for the vehicle size, so the A/C drag is really noticable.

As an aside, my Fiero 2M4 had the A/C cutoff feature in 1985.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.