Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I first got my Cruze a couple months ago, about 2 days after I got it, I installed a Injen Cold Air Intake, Loved it! It made a HUGE difference. I didn't like the black coupler that it came with for the top portion of the intake tube.. so I went and got a Spectre racing blue coupler, to match my car.. Well, that sort of lead me on a (so far) endless engine bay customization saga.. One thing has led to another, which has led to another and so on.. Needless to say, my favorite color is blue.. hah.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Sedan
Taken when I first got my Cruze
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire
Before Lug Nut Replacement
Car Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
After Lug Nut Replacement - They look a lot better in person.. I ordered these from amazon, which can be found here.
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive engine part
Added some blue convoluted tubing I got from amazon. (Can also be found here)
Auto part Muffler Automobile pedal
Girlfriend got me new pedals so I threw them on there
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Technology
Blue coupler with Injen CAI
Vehicle Electric blue Car Art Hood
Recent ; Painted my valve cover (Taped over the ecotech 1.4l with painters tape and razored the edge to fit the shape) I used this one.
Pink Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Soil
..And my dipstick, don't hate the florescent pink (Krylon), it really adds a nice touch in the engine, offsets all the blue.. Below are completed, and still planning on replacing all bolts with anodized washers and longer bolts etc. (Still debating color.. Any suggestions?)
Engine Vehicle Car Auto part
Technology Games Auto part Electronic device Vehicle
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Technology
Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Electric blue

As this is all a work in progress, I still plan on changing out and trading up for quite a few things, the fuel lines etc I would like to get silver / chrome lines in place, as well as the inter cooler piping, I am currently looking for aluminum or stainless or something of the sort, that is cheap and easy to install.

If you want any nifty ideas or anything you can check a few out here for your engine bay appearance. I think a sexy engine is always nice to have, when you have a sexy looking car. Just saying! :]

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Looks great! Liking what you did to the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
looks great man, i was a bit iffy on those pipe cover, but they really look good, thnking of getting a set for myself.

if i may ask how did you keep you engine bay so clean looking. the silver heat deflector on my turbo is dulled out

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice!!! I did mine in red lol.. i think Ill go today to get the conduit..this pic is before K&N though

View attachment 40690
Would love to do this to mine, but I haven't found a high-temp paint made in my color code. The standard Autumn Metallic body paint alone is pretty pricey.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
anyone know how hot the turbo cover gets?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
[h=1]what size of Convoluted Tubing Assortment did you use?[/h]

·
Registered
151 Posts
does painting the engine cover and the other stuff in there require any prep work like sanding or anything or do you just take it off and go straight to spray paint? and what temperature should the paint be able to withstand
Nope, I purchased simple engine enamel paint at my local parts store and went to work.. it has stood up phenomenally, its made to withstand upwards of 500°F which, hopefully, your engine bay will never exceed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
i was thinking of painting the turbo cover, which conceivably can do get to 500

1 - 18 of 18 Posts