Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are stuck in Japan quarantined on the Diamond Princess. Now 200 of the 2500 passengers are infected (it was only 35 3 days ago). I know President Trump said he knows more than anybody about the Coronavirus and it will be over by Spring. They will probably be gone by then

·
Administrator
25,292 Posts
China added another 15,152 new confirmed cases and 254 additional deaths overnight (US time).

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I wish we could solve the flu, lots die every year and not a news item.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I wish we could solve the flu, lots die every year and not a news item.
This new virus seems to be the most potent easily transmitted virus since the 1918 Spanish flu.

As much as I feel for those caught up in the quarantines, my opinion is that this is for the greater good.

Lets hope the spread can be stopped.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,028 Posts
You all need to read "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry. Sub-titled "The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plaque in History". It is an easy read and extremely informative.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, now 220 aboard the ship are infected and some of the staff as well who are cooking the food and serving them 'exquisite' meals. They are letting some of the passengers over 80 go, Once released will be quarantined in a local Hospital, and it is unknown how long they will be quarantined once on U.S. soil.

Someone here mentioned this is not news and just the Flu

·
Registered
535 Posts
It will spread to US soon, in my opinion the real results from China are not published! Communist country has different approach, I know what I'm talking.. :(

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Best hope is for an effective vaccine to be developed quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
News Item: Chinese cat owners taking precautions...

58D90FD8-27CB-4832-BD1B-A82ED3D3C9E2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are letting my ex-friends fly home on a chartered State Department flight where they will spend another 2 weeks at a Military base. Today an additional 67 cases on that ship have tested positive as they are letting these infected people go. Not your Father's Flu, this could be the start of the Plague.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not your Father's Flu, this could be the start of the Plague.

It is scary indeed. I have three small grandchildren that I am especially worried about.

My grandmother's family was wiped out by the post WW1 flu epidemic. She lost her mother and 3 siblings. She never really got over it. I don't think I would either.

That said, I'm praying for the folks holed up on that ship.

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Quick update, from the time my friends left the Ship to board the State Department, chartered flights, 27 additional passengers tested positive yet allowed to board the plane for the U.S. Have you ever been on a Plane with 27 disease infested people. I have a really bad feeling about this and the info we've been told so far?

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my friends arrived in the U.S. unwell and the Plane was diverted to another State. Today alone 99 more cases on that ship, and that we knowingly let 27+ Infected people fly in the same plane back home shows our experts are clueless

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now we learn against CDC advice the State Department forced the Plane to depart with those 27 Infected Americans. Roughly 50% of those aboard the ship became infected and the Japanese Government handling has also come into question

·
Registered
186 Posts
Best hope is for an effective vaccine to be developed quickly.
Yeah... so it can be mutated in a lab and injected into people so it can further mutate.
Example: guy at work gets a flu shot... 1 week later he's out with the flu. After going to the doctor for the flu. he gets shingles as a result of another vaccine that he wasn't "up to date" on.
Now I'm not vaccinated for either and was around him... yet I'm not sick.
Vaccines are playing with fire... lots of things from the 1800 early 1900 era were fixed with hygiene, antiseptics, and people just being cleaner...

Also if no one has mentioned this yet... look up Bill Gates and the coronavirus...

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Washington Post: Trump furious after officials let Americans with coronavirus return to US from Japan
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/paul-leblanc

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump became enraged with senior advisers this week when 14 Americans who tested positive for the coronavirus were brought back to the US from Japan after he had been told they would remain quarantined overseas, administration officials told The Washington Post.
The President was first told that Americans who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, where the coronavirus has spread, would be flown back to the US on two planes but that patients with the infection or with symptoms would stay in Japan, where the ship is anchored, the newspaper reported.
However, the State Department and a US health official decided to bring back the infected Americans on the planes and place them in isolation without telling the President, the Post said.
Administration officials told the Post that Trump learned of the reversal only after the fact and complained that the decision might damage his administration's handling of the outbreak.

The Post previously reported there had been tensions between the State Department and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the decision to allow asymptomatic Americans who had tested positive for the coronavirus to travel back to the US along with other passengers who had not.
A State Department official told reporters Friday that an execution plan was already underway when Japanese lab results became available.
"I think the folks on the ground did just the right thing, by -- out of an abundance of caution -- moving those 14 people into an isolation area where they pose no threat to themselves or anyone else, to provide room for a robust inter-agency discussion between not just CDC and state, but really the operational elements of HHS," said Dr. William Walters, executive director and managing director for operational medicine at the State Department's Bureau of Medical Services.
"At the end of the day, the State Department had a decision to make, informed by our inter-agency partners, and we went ahead and made that decision," Walters said. "And the decision, I think, was the right one in bringing those people home."
US officials have now confirmed at least 35 cases of the coronavirus in the country, the CDC said Friday.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fox News(y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts