Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my LE2 over to Amsoil signature synthetic. My first tank of fuel after the change my economy average is up almost 7 mpg on my normal drive to work and slowly climbing still. Anyone else have this kind of result?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,985 Posts
More likely that the fuel blend or other environmental factors are playing a role in that MPG improvement, not the oil.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
I just changed my LE2 over to Amsoil signature synthetic. My first tank of fuel after the change my economy average is up almost 7 mpg on my normal drive to work and slowly climbing still. Anyone else have this kind of result?
I think you just solved the energy crisis!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha yep, my engineering degree is in the mail with my Nobel prize. The only thing that changed is my oil. Temperature is still upper 60s in the morning, 85 in the afternoon. Same shell 93 octane from the same station. Same round trip every day. Maybe I just got a hot batch of gas or something.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Well my first Amsoil experience will be starting soon...well my wife's. I have a Chevy I could put gravel in with the oiland it would run lol. She has a Ford have to go top of the line to keep it on the road lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts