Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

My first oil change

5206 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  PolarisX
I drive ~2400 miles a month and one month has passed since I took delivery, so I decided to do the Cruze's first oil change myself. First of all I am happy to report that it's a piece of cake. With the car on ramps, it took me all of about 15 minutes to change the oil and filter, most of that time waiting for the oil to fully drain out.

I was surprised to see that car was delivered with a PF64 oil filter, while the manual calls out for a UPF64R filter. I had done some research before ordering the oil filters and came upon this post in another forum - seems like GM is not following their own advise.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ac-delco-upf64r-cut-open-oil-filter-pics.html

I'm going to have to make sure that the dealer used the appropriate filter when I bring it to them for oil changes!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
It was supposed to be optional until the inventory levels came up for the UPF64R. The dealers are just cheap, and your car won't blow up with a PF64.

Both our cars came with "lube for life" and I stopped going because of that. I don't wanna argue with service about following their own bulletins, so I'll just go back to doing like I have been for years. I enjoy it anyways.

Now if the RS went up my ramps I'd be doing really good, but I gotta take out the jack and stands.

· Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, mine pushes my Rhino ramps around. I've never even hit my front deflector even once, so its possible its still really stiff?

Either way, I just bought a nice 3 ton floor jack so it's not an issue to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.