Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I drive ~2400 miles a month and one month has passed since I took delivery, so I decided to do the Cruze's first oil change myself. First of all I am happy to report that it's a piece of cake. With the car on ramps, it took me all of about 15 minutes to change the oil and filter, most of that time waiting for the oil to fully drain out.

I was surprised to see that car was delivered with a PF64 oil filter, while the manual calls out for a UPF64R filter. I had done some research before ordering the oil filters and came upon this post in another forum - seems like GM is not following their own advise.

AC Delco PF64 VS AC Delco UPF64R Cut Open Oil Filter Pics... - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

I'm going to have to make sure that the dealer used the appropriate filter when I bring it to them for oil changes!
I change my 2017 Cruze Premier 1.4t oil with Castrol Magnatec 5W30 Full Synthetic oil and the Delco UPF64R oil filter (recommended) from Autozone (great price) every 7500 miles and the better oil filter makes a difference with the turbo engine, the car runs and sounds great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.