Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have this problem? It's mostly the driver's seat, since I'm usually the only one in the car. I've tried wiping the surface (mainly where my butt meets the seat) with a damp lint-free cloth but that doesn't seem to do much. Has anyone tried any commercial fabric cleaners, and if so, how did they work? Not an earthshaking problem, but a bit of an annoyance in a car that still looks brand new (2012 LT1). Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Does anybody else have this problem? It's mostly the driver's seat, since I'm usually the only one in the car. I've tried wiping the surface (mainly where my butt meets the seat) with a damp lint-free cloth but that doesn't seem to do much. Has anyone tried any commercial fabric cleaners, and if so, how did they work? Not an earthshaking problem, but a bit of an annoyance in a car that still looks brand new (2012 LT1). Thanks in advance.
I've seen this before and it's one of two things or a combination thereof. The first can be from wear and tear (duh) If you wear heavy duty pants it may wear through faster. The other possibility is that your arse is like niagra falls and it's extremely oily. If this is the case or it's a combination, have your seats deep cleaned.

You could always go for custom seat covers if unrepairable

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is sort of what it looks like. It's kind of light-dependent. In this case the bolsters and seatback also look kind of grayish, but up close and in person the center (or butt) area of the seat contrasts a bit more with the rest of the seat. I tried vacuuming but that didn't change it much. Not a big deal, but the car is only 2 years old.

Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Auto part

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes you can't really tell anything from the picture it looks the same as mine if I am being honest . It probably needs a lot of vacuuming because the dust has probably soaked into the foam underneath the seat cover try giving it another really good hover, followed by a bit of a soak with a wet cloth then leave you door open in the sun to let it dry off , ( if u can leave the door open and not have any worrys )

·
10,712 Posts
Yeah I tried vacuum and it seems to "smear the gray" in more. I also barely have passengers so driver and passenger seat looks night and day. The cloth on the drivers door also turns white but that's dead skin sells. I never wear shorts or drive ass necked in my car so that's not skin cells.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
i use a nice deep soft leather cleaner for my seats. more like a conditioner i found some interesting products last year and makes my interior stand out 24/7! carpet id recommend a carpet cleaner for cars ( i bought one from princess auto for $120) works wonders on carpets and soft fabrics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also have the jet black seats, but they look new! Thinking about buying seat covers regardless just in case.

Reactions: CHEVYCRUZE RS

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
^ i wish they made clear seat covers lol, the seat covers around here are LAME af!!! lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
^ i wish they made clear seat covers lol, the seat covers around here are LAME af!!! lol
You are cleaver my friend!! Clear seat covers that don't sound like plastic when you sit down!! ^ Same reason I haven't bought covers yet, maybe I'm too picky. I digress, I still haven't dropped on a set of weather tech mats...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.