Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if I can just leave the my link screen installed and add an aftermarket deck below it?
I hate the factory system and am having issues adding an loc to it

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Anyone know if I can just leave the my link screen installed and add an aftermarket deck below it?
I hate the factory system and am having issues adding an loc to it
I believe without the factory radio, the MyLink screen will be dead, but I guess you can leave it in place.

What problems are you having with the loc? That's probably a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its cutting out at higher volumes
I'm running a Cache loc/line driver
I installed resistors... 150 ohm 1/2 watt
As I was informed these should help
Nothing. ....

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Problems with your stock system cutting out with higher volumes or just the output of the line output converter?

If the latter, sounds like it is being way over driven. Adding a series resistor is not enough if over driven, helps to have an oscilloscope so you know what peak voltages you are dealing with. Need some form of an attenuation, like a voltage divider. When dealing an input to an amplifier, if it didn't have a level control, would add a dual ganged pot so it would have one. With balanced outputs, can't ground any of them.

Remember when radios were just that, radios, have two of them, a single DIN in one vehicle, and a double DIN in another. All kinds of choices.

But not in these newer vehicles not only a radio. but part of the anti-thief and alarm system, on the data link, and also used to program functions in the BCM. Pretty much stuck with stock or an exact equivalent. And every vehicle is different when for a short period, they were all the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its cutting out at higher volumes
I'm running a Cache loc/line driver
I installed resistors... 150 ohm 1/2 watt
As I was informed these should help
Nothing. ....
Which LOC are you using?

Remember when radios were just that, radios, have two of them, a single DIN in one vehicle, and a double DIN in another. All kinds of choices.
This is the only reason I miss my old Saturn SL2 I had in high school. I upgraded the radio in that thing like 3 or 4 times. Pawn shops were my thing back then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts