Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only reason I am starting this is because I plan on doing quite a few writeups in the coming future (two pretty detailed ones so far and two more to come), and it would be nice for those interested to be able to get a list in case they don't get stickied and/or lost in the forums. I have seen others do this in some other forums and figured it wouldn't be a bad thing considering I am trying to research as much as I can to get correct and new info and tutorials out there for the less mechanically inclined.

Each thread will be updated with new info and corrections as I get them.
-------------------------------------------------
[ [email protected] ~]: HP Tuners SD Virtual VE Setup and Tuning

-
This covers how to tune your gen 1 turbo'd Cruze using HP Tuners. It goes over the basics of setting up graphs for virtual VE tables without a wideband (though one is encouraged, and very similar to this) with your ECM running in speed density mode. Even though this is for HP Tuners and Cruzes, the concepts should be able to be applied to any car that runs and ECM rocking torque management and VE/VVE tables (though this is specific to Virtual VE).

[ [email protected] ~]: HP Tuners, Widebands, Math, Offsets, Speed: The Story of the Attempt to Get It Right

- Tuning with a wideband is not difficult, but there are some caveats. This covers the concept of voltage offsets when running a wideband AFR controller (specifically an AEM 30-4110 in this case), starting (at least now) with running it through the A/C pressure sensor wire, then my attempt at running through the fuel tank pressure sensor and possibly the pin on the E78 ECM for the EGR pintle position sensor (if I can find the PIN). Lastly, it will cover, with pictures, how to do each, including how to make a USB to serial cable and setup and log all of those ways via HP Tuners. I will also cover my attempts at using other devices like a Raspberry Pi/Arduino setup and a TTL-to-USB UART, and any other devices I have around to make this work. (only the first case, the A/C pressure sensor wire, is covered as of right now). Tomorrow and all weekend I will try a few different methods and post my findings.

[ [email protected] ~]: Mo Powah, Baby: Safely Increase Torque, HP, and Boost, With and Without a Wideband/UEGO Controller

- There are a lot of things you can do, tuning-wise, to increase power output safely, but you need to know the limits. This will cover where I have discovered the limits, what not to f*** with, and what is safe to run without going to a shop. Better make sure you know what you are doing in case I am wrong. ;)

coming soon

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking forward to your stereo section. I've got a '17 hatch with the Bose and want to get rid of the factory sub and amp and put in one of the 10's I took out of my truck but it seems pretty complicated

·
Super Moderator
7,000 Posts
The only reason I am starting this is because I plan on doing quite a few writeups in the coming future (two pretty detailed ones so far and two more to come), and it would be nice for those interested to be able to get a list in case they don't get stickied and/or lost in the forums.
You could also setup a thread in the Cruze Owner Projects and add caveats to posters that you may need to delete posts to keep a running commentary. You could also just "reserve" consecutive posts by starting the thread and then replying to yourself as many times as you think you need to. This will allow you to customize the entire series to suit yourself. If it gets a big enough response, it would no issue to sticky it in its entirety.

So far so good, looking forward to more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[ [email protected] ~]: AEM & HP Tuners: Cruzin' Together (VVE Tuning with AEM Wideband and HP Tuners)

- This will go over the basics from start to finish of the logging and data input process to get your Virtual Volumetric Efficiency game on-point Utilizing an AEM 30-4110 Wideband's serial output... Probably the easiest way you can do it, and if you already have the gauge, the car, and HP tuners, you just need $20 bucks. Lot's of info, screenshots of all of the settings needed, tips, and more. Enjoy!

BTW: I REALLY, REEEEAALLLY would love to be able to edit my own posts... instead of feeding updates through comments, updating the original tutorial would be sweet. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts