Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Certainly checked into this when choosing a Cruze, tires do wear out and have to be replaced. For those 18" rims, the same tire runs $370.00 higher than the 17" and really how much is gained? For me, winter driving is key, and that little Cruze compared to my DeVille had even larger tires.

I also like those five spoke wheels, a lot easier to keep clean, but then I am lazy and this is just me.

What really concerns me most about the Cruze is that low ground clearance, especially during a blizzard. Already canceled a couple of trips because of that. An 80 mile round trip that normally can take 90 minutes, already was extended to five long tense hours.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Nice Cruze.

Do you still have the LS rims? If so, I would throw those on for the wintertime.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly checked into this when choosing a Cruze, tires do wear out and have to be replaced. For those 18" rims, the same tire runs $370.00 higher than the 17" and really how much is gained? For me, winter driving is key, and that little Cruze compared to my DeVille had even larger tires.

I also like those five spoke wheels, a lot easier to keep clean, but then I am lazy and this is just me.

What really concerns me most about the Cruze is that low ground clearance, especially during a blizzard. Already canceled a couple of trips because of that. An 80 mile round trip that normally can take 90 minutes, already was extended to five long tense hours.
I will purchase more tires when the time comes. I already considered this when I made the switch. I have New tire money in hand when time comes. I have another vehicle to drive if streets are that bad.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Cruze.

Do you still have the LS rims? If so, I would throw those on for the wintertime.
Thank you and yes I have the LS rims and tires still. I am going to switch them out but have ben stalling since nothing major with weather(snow) has happened in my area. Maybe another week or so I will switch them. :)

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Agreed changes the car entirely. Looking good Mabz!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts