Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Would you like to see me document my "build" this year?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Not Really

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is just a feeler thread. In the Sping/Summer, I plan to upgrade the internals on my LUJ. I have received some comments from some members who seem interested in my build/upgrades/mods. I've never documented my installs previously. So my question is a simple or not so simple depending on how you view it;

Would you like to see me document my "build"?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,776 Posts
Of course!

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Hello,

This is just a feeler thread. In the Sping/Summer, I plan to upgrade the internals on my LUJ. I have received some comments from some members who seem interested in my build/upgrades/mods. I've never documented my installs previously. So my question is a simple or not so simple depending on how you view it;

Yes, especially interested in how the valve spring install goes. I’m getting tempted to have a Chevy dealership do them but it’s about as much as the V3 turbo costs.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Cruzin2011

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Where you can open the exhaust at the flip of a switch. Like open headers.
Yup, this. A few different styles out there. This is one of them:

I had one on my '86 IROC, it was fun.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2015 Chevy Cruze
35 Posts
Hello,

i for sure would like to see it!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dafuq does that do? Change sound?
I think that's what it does, but I'm not comfortable with it. I don't think that'll sound, let alone perform, better that what I already have.

Reactions: Cruzin2011

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,957 Posts
If you could figure out a way to put that before the upper cat, it would be a way to race* with out the cat hampering your exhaust flow. With a separate pipe out the bottom, it would be like having a dump pipe.

*LEGAL DISCLAIMER - On a track meant for racing

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,957 Posts
Hello,

What are you waiting for, As Nike says, Just Do IT!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I started a build thread:

Reactions: MP81 and Thebigzeus

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I was so close to beating you on the spring install! I got a quote from ZZP to install the springs and a stage one cam... very reasonable! So much I started planning a trip up there in the next week or two but with it being winter and the pandemic going on I decided to hold off until spring time.

Regarding your build, I know we were discussing pulling the valve springs out with compressed air and a spring puller but have you seen the GM cam removal tool that is required? Do a search on Amazon and they run from $200 to $400 bucks! It doesn’t look like an easy task.

Spring time come in!!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I was so close to beating you on the spring install! I got a quote from ZZP to install the springs and a stage one cam... very reasonable! So much I started planning a trip up there in the next week or two but with it being winter and the pandemic going on I decided to hold off until spring time.

Regarding your build, I know we were discussing pulling the valve springs out with compressed air and a spring puller but have you seen the GM cam removal tool that is required? Do a search on Amazon and they run from $200 to $400 bucks! It doesn’t look like an easy task.

Spring time come in!!
I decided to pull the head. I bought forged pistons. I know it requires timing tools. What tool are you talking about exactly? The stuff I'm looking at is like $50. According to my service manual this kit has all the special tools required for camshaft removal.

This is what I've been looking at.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I decided to pull the head. I bought forged pistons. I know it requires timing tools. What tool are you talking about exactly? The stuff I'm looking at is like $50. According to my service manual this kit has all the special tools required for camshaft removal.

I can’t seem to find it tonight but bear with me ai haven’t slept in 3 days. As long as you got one that works that’s all that matters!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts

I just thought of something as I was looking at the kit you were looking to buy, it’s to hold the timing belt in place, the 1.4’s have a timing chain and I doubt that is going to move by just changing the valve springs out.

Guess it’s time to keep one gathering info!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts