Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted previously about my faulty tune, I just filled my first tank after detuning. I was running Shell 93 and to my surprise, I netted @ 38 MPG with @95% city driving. When I had the tune installed on my car, I was lucky to get low 30s. AS I said it was a problem with my tune. If you tune your engine your MPG should go up, mine did not, I need to talk to Vince/Jerry about this. Just have not had a chance to. Anyway I wanted to report the good news about my MPG and I am still pulling good power out of my Eco with the 93 octane.

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Did you have a baseline tune or premium? Check your spark plug gaps? Too me it seems like there is more than just the tune causing an issue. A baseline tune is not great at all.

Sent from iFail Mobile

· Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have a baseline tune or premium? Check your spark plug gaps? Too me it seems like there is more than just the tune causing an issue. A baseline tune is not great at all.

Sent from iFail Mobile
I bought my tune last year before you joined was for another group buy. I was told it was a select a tune. My plug gaps are .028. I returned everything to stock before I bought the tune. I have a new stock air filter, and I just replaced my plugs with new AC Delcos for the tune. If it was required to always run premium, when the tune is installed, I did not. I typically ran 89 octane(did that cause a problem, I do not know). Maybe there is nothing wrong with the tune, all I know is with the car tuned, it did not drive the way I liked. I only bought the tune bc I was getting used to the car and we were looking for #s to get the group buy deal. Probably shouldn't have bought it. I should have just removed it and not said anything but I thought maybe someone would have had an idea about what it is doing.

FWIW, maybe now my car is getting broke in as I just turned over 30K on the clock.

IDK

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
The tunes are for 93 octane typically as far as I know so this could have easily been your issue. Also, as discussed a lot... Aftermarket intakes are not amazing on this car but I personally have not had a problem with mine, some have though. So between the two (intake and octane) that might be your issue

Sent from iFail Mobile

10,589 Posts
Yeah have them tune you for 89 if that's what you use the most but you will lose the full potential of the tune. My Subaru is tuned for 93 and factory is 91 only so I was used to paying 93 prices in a 18 mpg city car. With the artificial tank fill it's even cheaper than if it was a 2LT or LTZ fully loaded.

Sent from my iFail 5s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.