Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I left AZ for Oregon. I filled the tank up to the filler neck. I then drove 818 miles to Westley, CA on that same tank. Most of that was 80-82 mph with the ac on. My best 25 mile average was 64.8 mpg, going through a pretty trafficky section of Interstate 210 where I was limited to about 60-65 mph.
Basically, I made the 1200 mile trip to southern oregon for less than $100 including food, fuel and one night at a motel 6.
Also this car is unbelievable in the mountains. Just love it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That's some good economy for higher speeds. Did you fill the tank to the rim?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I filled it up into the filler neck....right up to the top. I also used cruise control wherever possible. That last 75 miles or so was a nailbiter. Probably should have taken pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Congrats on the road trip, it is where the ctd shines the most. Oh did motel 6 still leave a light on you? ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Similar deal a few weeks ago. We went from Kenosha, WI to Anniston, Al and back in 24 hours straight, about 1550 miles.

Ended up costing about $120 in fuel. Three separate fillups but I don't fill to the neck. got 780 on one tank and the fuel light had just come on when we filled up.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the road trip, it is where the ctd shines the most. Oh did motel 6 still leave a light on you? 邏
No lights on in that room. heh.

Going through the mountains of northern California and especially southern oregon was a treat. It just easily grunts up those long grades in sixth gear AND gets 20 mpg doing it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thats pretty awesome mileage!
Best I have managed on a road trip was 45mpg total trip average from Saskatchewan to West Virginia this past July.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Similar deal a few weeks ago. We went from Kenosha, WI to Anniston, Al and back in 24 hours straight, about 1550 miles.

Ended up costing about $120 in fuel. Three separate fillups but I don't fill to the neck. got 780 on one tank and the fuel light had just come on when we filled up.
Hah I work in Kenosha.
Maybe you're the only other CTD I've seen driving around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts