Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wrrrck wrrrck wrrrck wrrrck wrrrck wrck wrck Wu k k k k. A 3/8 self tapper. In hind sight I would of just cut the head off with a coping saw as it was holding pressure. None the less I touched it...

About 20km out from 170,000km. oil change is just before the due range... Been aiming for 5000km/3110mi change intervals, but end up cutting it at about 7000km/4350mi. This time around I have all that MMO oil mixed in from when I soaked the pistons and what ever came out of the rings too.

Next is body stripping, November the 7th the car goes into the body shop ideally I'd like to have most of what I imagine they be working around removed, ie, fender, rear bumper, door seals, internal furnishings. Just so things don't get brokener.

While I'm in there change over the door hinges too. And patch the front bumper, not sure on paint work but I have 1/4" thick white PVC cuttings that I can shape up to look like something protruding from the bumper. And to the hood using the same PVC and making tiara ets where I have the white tape.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Fender off, looks clean otherwise. And yes running with it, and yes used a paper bag to aim the headlight.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Then there's this cancer. The fender bolt got about half way out and snapped the head. As for the rust hole a surprising amount of that sediment from running gravel roads was in there.

Oil change at 5200km... And another at 12km.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Road surface Car

Yeah, that's 9 liters of oil, my ratchet, and the drain plug still in the bucket. Put the drain plug and poured in the remaining half liter from the fresh bottle, and syphoned off four liters from the oil bucket.

Awh boy oh boy.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Finished the hinge swap. I'm not going to be putting the muck keeper attachment back in the fender, so figured white on black to clean it up. Sanded and took care of rust. And best of all? My door closes like new.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
No car yet,

Been looking at flywheels, and clutches. I'm not really wanting anymore bite, but the DMF on start up is showing signs that it's long gone. I'm seeing a LUK light weight single mass flywheel for pennys, but am eying up a aluminum flywheel from clutch masters as I'd need a dampened clutch disc instead of the stock solid ( they say sprung but pictures illustrate something that isn't)

Next the exhaust, should be a simple fix swapping out the "resonator" section, and see about new hangers for the rear muffler as the one hanger looks like somebody put in a ear plug one size too big.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
not much to report.

got the car back on the 15th, looks shiny and new they painted and buffed the side of the car. ended up having to wait for the wheel so in the mean time I've been rocking bald rear tires in the snow. car holds pretty good considering. and the abs is still out so the car trying to kill me wont be an issue this time. since one can do everything he needs with a manual and throttle, having the abs cut the throttle while pitching the car for a turn is sort of dangerous.

and the week away the exhuast has gotten so much worse, and exacerbated by the intake manifold linkage giving up the ghost, so the average of 7.1l per 100km shot up to around 9l per 100k.

fun times

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Week of ownership since repair. The rear door has rubbed through the paint work, the holes for the lower door seal had pop rivets popped in... And the body line between the door and fender is still pushed in.

Man what smuckery. I literally gave the body shop a whole fender to make it right. I had no money to offer at the time, other than parts, to grease the wheels so hats off to insurance...

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

A little inspection, cleaning, taping and waxing.

Almost have a print made for front fender clips. Wanting to fab up a set so I have mounting points when I re assemble. The challenging part is between the bumper and fender. The wheel liner mounts should be easier.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts