Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gathered up the parts needed to install the SQ system above using the silver flute/vifa speakers. I've combed through lots of threads that have helped, but have a few questions I couldn't find.

Speaker wire. Are most using the stock speaker wires going to the front door speakers? Or pulling in new wire? If so, how big of job is it to get new wire to the door speakers?

How are the stock tweeters connected? Are they in the radio's wire harness to tap into?

Amp install. Where is a good mounting location, in the trunk, for a 4 ch amp? Pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "SQ system above".

I can say that if you install an aftermarket amp, you will need more than speakers, I'm not sure what else you have based on your post..:sad010: I could help more if you want to give a little more detail. Are you going aftermarket head unit? Just a 4 channel amp? Subwoofer? If going stock HU do you know about LOC? Are the speakers you got a component set with crossovers? Let me know what your plans are and I can assist you in what you will need. Mounting location of the amp depends largely on what you prefer, I personally put my cars amps on the rear of the back seat in the Cruze (40 split side), and on the side wall of the trunk in my other car.

Edit: Welcome Welcome to CT :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought someone might have experience in wiring the front speakers, either using the stock wiring or pulling in bigger, better wire. Do I need better wire than the stock wiring?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I thought someone might have experience in wiring the front speakers, either using the stock wiring or pulling in bigger, better wire. Do I need better wire than the stock wiring?
I honestly don't know if you NEED better wire, sorry man. Speaker wire is pretty thin of course. Personally, I would think so, to wire to the back of the car. You'd have to take off the door panels and run it under the door sills. At least that's how my cars are set up, and I chose to replace all the speaker wire. Speaker wire is pretty cheap though, anyways. Hope this helps a little!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
You can tap on to the existing wires (via solder and electrical tape) while retaining the factory connector. The factory wiring should be 18awg if I am not mistaken which for the distance it will be run you should be fine with less than 100w dynamic (peak) per channel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the door speaker and its tweeter wiring connect together at the radio harness? I assume there is no separate crossover in the cruze wiring.

In other words, do i have access to the door speaks and tweeters separately, four channels to connect my four channel amp using the stock speaker wiring? I have the pac 44 adapter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts