Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

My Two Cents for Plastidip

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  trevor_geiger 
#1 ·
I only had the one picture of my masking jobs, but hey... I didn't think ahead that far.(beer.... pros and cons.) There are plenty of other fine folks that have more thorough write ups.

So, I have been dipping here and there for a couple of weeks now and this is what has transpired.

I did the badges, the "eco" wing, and the "would be" rear diffuser. My pictures are fairly terrible , but so is my cheap as phone.

I have been thinking about doing a mock side skirt with maybe a thin white stripe to set it off a little. The black isn't much of a contrast on the deep blue finish, so it is pretty subtle.

I have been debating doing the front end as well. Who knows.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Now that is some masking! Tip I have learned using plasti dip for awhile and doing anything and everything with it on my G8, it comes off so easy that you don't even need to really mask anymore. In the case of the bows i'd say mask the direct area around the chrome but don't worry about overspray, you can just take a microfiber cloth and it rubs right off. Looks awesome on the blue, great job!!

#4 ·
Thanks man. I kind of enjoy masking. That is all packing paper from some drum heads I ordered. Made it very quick and easy. I was doing it outside in my yard, and it was gusting a little that day. Can't wait to do more , but I think I will see if I can use my brother's garage. Anything can happen when you are spraying out in the open. Especially in the freakin' woods where I live. I have re-worked the front badge twice already. Cheers.

#6 ·
Looks good. I am thinking of doing the bottom of my rear bumper and the bottom of the front bumper. I think I will give it a try and see how it looks - I might gimp some pictures and see what it looks like first with what I have in mind.

I might try some clear on on the hood as sort of a bra but I will do the black first on the rear and front bumper and see how that goes.

Worse that can happen is that you just have to peel it off if you don't like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.