Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made it back from Canada. We left Marquette Michigan and drove to Winipeg Canada . From there we went to Saskatoon and then to Edmonton. Then we drove through Jaspar and Banff national parks to Panorama British Columbia. We stayed there for six nights at a timeshare. Then we drove back through Calgary and Regina. From there we dropped into North Dakota and returned to Marquette Michigan. It was a 2800 mile round trip. We drove between 65-73 miles per hour.

We had some horrible head winds the first day...and only got 35 on that tank. We also had a day with tail winds and got 49.5 miles per gallon. (These are miles determined by actually filling up.) The average, for all those miles was 41.1 miles per gallon. I would say we had the air conditioner on half the time and of course had some steep mountain climbing to do. Once I even had to drop it down to second gear the air was so think we were so high up. And we burned 89 octane the whole way.

41.1mpg....not bad right?

By the way, I highly recommend taking highway 16 from Winipeg to Edmonton. Beautiful roling fields covered with canola seed plantings along with alfalfa and beef cattle. It really is the bread basket of Canada, even way up north. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
did you do anything in winnipeg or just pass through?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two of us were in the car and we had a full trunk. In Winnipeg, we stayed two nights. We walked the beautiful park by the "forks" of the two rivers. We visited an excellent museum of the history of the development of Manitoba and that also covered the ecology/natural history of the region. And the other note worthy thing we did was have dinner up in that rotating restuarant that sits on top of one of the city's tallest buildings. You can see at least 30 miles from up there. The food was great...featuring a lot of local specialties...and not that expensive considering the view.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
yeah the forks is nice to walk around. and the restaurant is prairie 360, just opened up a year or 2 ago as it used to be another restaurant. glad you liked your stay here

Reactions: Hazlitt777

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
We just got back from Invermere while visiting my son. We went golfing at grey wolf in Panarama .. Now that is one great road to drive on.. The view would be awesome if all the mountains weren't in the way :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.