Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday morning I went to the dealer to get a Cruze and trade in my '11 Corolla. I had the $2000.00 rewards card for my Gm credit card. I was between a 1LT with the rs package and most options or a 2lt with a sunroof. Ended up getting the 2lt and as soon as I left the dealer I went to work and with in an hour my window got busted out. I forgot to take my gps down and someone took it. It sucks it was only a 100 dollar gps. In a way I'm so lucky because I had an extra set of keys in my car and they left them and didn't steal the car. But I still have to wait for my car to get fixed. :/

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sucks, but as a friendly reminder....

In the future, don't leave a spare set of keys to the car, in the car.

The next guy may be looking for a ride to the pawn shop to get cash for your GPS.

:evil3:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I feel your pain. A year and a half ago, I had parked my previous car in a grocery store parking lot and kinda took my time in there. And, for the longest time, I had been putting my stuff from work (camera bag and laptop bag) in the back seat and had been totally careless about it.

I come out, and find that my rear driver's side window was smashed, and close to $3,000 of computer and camera gear were taken. And at the time, none of my insurance would cover any of it, because the window repair was less than my deductible, and it my policy didn't cover theft of contents. Worst month of my life. :(

Yeah, I was careless of me to put all that stuff there where anyone passing by could see it, and I took full responsibility for that. But at the same time it's impossible not to be totally pissed off that someone would be such a jerk to smash in YOUR car and take YOUR stuff. And it's like, you never feel quite right or fully safe in that car again. I really think I might've kept my old car a little longer if that break-in hadn't happened, but after that, I never quite felt comfortable in it.

On top of that, long after I had spent two hours vacuuming up glass bits, and the glass guy spent another hour vacuuming up additional debris INSIDE the door before replacing the window, even right up to the day I traded that car in for my Cruze, I was STILL finding teeny tiny shards of glass from that busted window.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I have a somewhat similar story where I was at work and come out to find someone had busted up my bumper and dented up my trunk lid...smfh no note or anything..some people of just messed up in general im sorry to hear about what happened to your things. And it does put a bad perspective in your mind. I hope you are well now.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Talked to our police department on this subject, kids hooked on drugs will do anything to get high. Even in a once small peaceful town.

My thoughts on what a luxury car is, is a 79 Ford pickup badly rusted out loaded with manure in the back, but with a good drivetrain. Stinks and smells so bad, nobody would even get near it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My thoughts on what a luxury car is, is a 79 Ford pickup badly rusted out loaded with manure in the back, but with a good drivetrain. Stinks and smells so bad, nobody would even get near it.
You've never seen a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG then.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Tuesday morning I went to the dealer to get a Cruze and trade in my '11 Corolla. I had the $2000.00 rewards card for my Gm credit card. I was between a 1LT with the rs package and most options or a 2lt with a sunroof. Ended up getting the 2lt and as soon as I left the dealer I went to work and with in an hour my window got busted out. I forgot to take my gps down and someone took it. It sucks it was only a 100 dollar gps. In a way I'm so lucky because I had an extra set of keys in my car and they left them and didn't steal the car. But I still have to wait for my car to get fixed. :/

Coolnate32,
I would like to congratulate you on the purchase of your new Cruze. I am very sorry to hear that it was broken into, especially so soon. I hope everything works out for you and your Cruze! If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to message me; I am always happy to help you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
96 Posts
i really don't understand how people can do stuff like this & not feel bad about it.

Coolnate32,
I would like to congratulate you on the purchase of your new Cruze. I am very sorry to hear that it was broken into, especially so soon. I hope everything works out for you and your Cruze! If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to message me; I am always happy to help you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service
only a year & half late Stacy :cat:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That really bites and it brings up my biggest pet peeve with the Cruze, the alarm system is pratically useless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts