Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I am new here so I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong thread.

I need help! I have a 2011 chevy cruze and yesterday out of no where in the middle of the day the front windows stopped working. When I press the buttons from the master power switch it does nothing. I don’t hear a motor or anything as others with similar issues did. I noticed that the window button for the passenger doesn’t work as well. When i try the back windows they worked, but only from the back door itself. I have no power or control from my driver or passenger side. So I restarted the battery thinking that my car was just having a brain fart. It didn’t work. Then immediately I thought it was a fuse. I replaced the fuse for the front power windows and it did nothing. I also noticed at the same time of this happening the radio will not turn off when I open the door and the key is out of the ignition. This is the first time it’s done this. But I noticed it’s happening along with the window issue. Later that night i notice when I open the front doors it doesn’t trigger the light inside and turn on. Only when I open the back doors it seems to work. So after hours and hours of research I feel like i’m getting no where. I am starting to come to the conclusion that there’s no power coming to the front two doors. If anyone can point me in the right direction. It would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
25,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I think all the affected signals (window controls and door open) run over the computer bus. Do you have anything plugged into the OBD2 port, or do you have a malfunctioning blind spot detection system?

My guess is the wire for the driver's door broke from all the getting in/out, but that wouldn't explain the passenger door being affected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Holy crap! I have this exact same issue! Did you get anywhere? Super sad to not see any suggestions below.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions? For me, I had a regulator go and replaced it on my drivers side door. I had purchased a replacement and installed it. All went well. Then I had intermittent issues a couple of days later and simply had to unplug the wiring harness from the bottom of my drivers side switch panel and everything worked. Couple days later, NO window control from the drivers seat and its' 4 switches. The front passenger side didn't work either. I noted no power to both sides in the front. Rears continue to work perfectly. I've checked the fuse for the front windows and it's fine. I also noted the radio staying on after I turn off my car and lock it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts