Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 months XM Subscription just ended. I really don't listen to XM radio much. I listen to it more in the summer time. I like to listen to different baseball games. My Malibu used to tell me the teams playing, the score, the inning, and the number of outs when I hit the info button. It doesn't appear that the Cruze Touchscreen shows this same information. Does anyone know if you get this information when you hit the info button?

Also, the Malibu used to have a category button where you can select the type of music you want to listen to. It would automatically scroll to the stations for the type of music you want to listen to.
I don't see this with the 7 inch touch screen. Is there a category button with the Cruze where I can select the type of music I want to listen to? Maybe there's a voice command for this.

Anyway, I really don't care for XM radio that much. I do miss the 5 day weather forecast, the nearest gas station, etc. which is controlled by XM. I found out the longer I wait to renew, the better deal I can get. With my Malibu, I got a 6 month subscription for $25.00. I may wait until April when the baseball season starts and see if I can get the same deal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you call and explain to xm...that is if you don't wait on hold for two hours; mention the 6 for 25 and they will provide it. I have done it repeatedly over the last few years without a promo code without a hassle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be sure if you renew with a special deal that you write down on the calendar when the subscription will run out. If you have given then a credit card they will automatically renew you at double the price. I have gone through this with both XM and Sirius. Even told them in advance that I would not take the deal if it included auto renewal, but both time they raised the rates and billed me after (without my knowledge or a notification. Took nearly an hour each time on the phone to make it right. I have four cars with Sat Radio, and only two drivers (since my daughter is in college) . Even with the $25 deal it would cost me $200/yr for sat radio in these cars and since they always renew at a high price, its not worth the hassle. If my cable company charged me like these Sat company's I'd be paying full rate for every TV i have hooked up in the house ($420/mo).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Be sure if you renew with a special deal that you write down on the calendar when the subscription will run out. If you have given then a credit card they will automatically renew you at double the price.
I figured out that the best way to deal with XM is to call after your payments are applied for whatever term you have and ask to have them remove your card from your account. I would occasionally find really random charges hitting my charge card from XM. The last was a radio activation charge last December, that was a duplicate of the radio activation charge from March earlier in the year. I finally decided I had enough and canceled.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I suscribe for one month right before a take a long trip lol.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure if you renew with a special deal that you write down on the calendar when the subscription will run out. If you have given then a credit card they will automatically renew you at double the price. I have gone through this with both XM and Sirius. Even told them in advance that I would not take the deal if it included auto renewal, but both time they raised the rates and billed me after (without my knowledge or a notification. Took nearly an hour each time on the phone to make it right. I have four cars with Sat Radio, and only two drivers (since my daughter is in college) . Even with the $25 deal it would cost me $200/yr for sat radio in these cars and since they always renew at a high price, its not worth the hassle. If my cable company charged me like these Sat company's I'd be paying full rate for every TV i have hooked up in the house ($420/mo).
Yes this happened to me once. I was unfortunately in the hospital when my subscription ran out on my Malibu and they did an automatic renewal at the highest price - the $200 per year plan. They gave me a plan where I couldn't even take advantage of many of the features. I don't have an I-phone where I can listen to XM on that. There were other features of the plan that they gave me without authorization that I couldn't use. I complained to them, but they said I was locked into the plan. I can't believe that it's legal for them to bill your credit card without authorization. It sounds like a scam to me. Especially, they picked the most expensive plan. I should have complained to my credit card company. I made sure to tell them no automatic renewals going forward. That's what I have with the Cruze - no automatic renewals. I will wait a couple of months and get the 6 month $25.00 plan. As I said, I'm not that crazy about XM. They never seem to play top hits, always music that I never heard before. It probably cost them more to get rights to the top hits.

Anyway, I like to make my own CD's and listen to that. If I took really long trips, maybe XM would interest me more. As I said, I've used the 5 day weather forecasts more than the XM Radio. If they don't give me the $25.00 plan, I just won't use XM. I'm going to even see if they will give me 6 free months due to the $200 scam that they trapped me into. That really left me with a bad taste for XM.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they bill my credit card after I tell them no automatic renewals, I'm going straight to my credit card company and I will have the charges removed. I will tell them that I didn't authorize these charges.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have had the $25 deal forever but it's still $24 more than I'm willing to pay.
I agree. XM is not that great. I never seem to like the music they play. They never seem to play big hits. Always music I never heard of.

Is there a category button on the Cruze where you can choose that type of music that you want to play? The Malibu had this. I don't see this feature on the Cruze. I have the 7 inch touch screen. It's much easier to find the music you want to play by using the category button rather than looking for a particular station.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Same thing that happened to buck95 happened to me. So I Canceled the whole thing.
They kept calling me back to rejoin I told them to get me off the list at least 3 different times.

Luckily I haven't heard back from them in a month or so. Use to be once a week sometimes twice a week...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I commute through a lot of areas with 1-2 radio stations, so I did renew my XM subscription. They gave me a good yearly rate after a few minutes on the phone.

My 2012 with the plain ol' radio has a category setting, and will display scores of hockey games. I've never tried it for baseball.

·
Registered
348 Posts
they wanted my cc # when i renewed for the 25 plan and i said no way, send me the bill. after about 5 months they sent me a deal for another 25 for 6 months so i wrote the check. you always want to write down when the 5 month point is so you can call and say your done with out havin any problems. had a real bad deal go down with them in the past and i shouldnt even bother being a customer again but for 50 bucks for the yr whatever. ill never pay a dime more then that. after a yr i think ive heard every song they play anyways so ill prob just to back to my free pandora

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.