Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

My ZZP gauge pod install.

1411 14
Finally got around to installing my ZZP gauge pod. I must say, it fits perfect. Great job, ZZP. All thats left is the wiring. Have to figure out where to connect the dimming/light wire. Im assuming i can tap into some wire right at the switch? Also, Im thinking of using fuse #6 as the switched and #5 as the constant?
Anyway, the most PITA part was getting the factory pillar trim off. Plan on buying a new one and the big clip. I already bought the big clip ahead of time from reading others posts. You'll be lucky if that middle clip tab doesnt break.

Picture below.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,152 Posts
it fits perfect. Great job, ZZP
Yup, I'm not a big mod person but I have been buying stuff from ZZP for about 15 years. ZZP has never let me down.
Im assuming i can tap into some wire right at the switch?
Dude, if you don't know about the add-a-circuits they are awesome. These things are better than sliced bread :cool:
Im thinking of using fuse #6
That is where I power my dash camera from. (y)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I'm not a big mod person but I have been buying stuff from ZZP for about 15 years. ZZP has never let me down.

Dude, if you don't know about the add-a-circuits they are awesome. These things are better than sliced bread :cool:

That is where I power my dash camera from. (y)
Yep, I used the add-a-circuit. Used #6 for the switched and #5 for the constant. Works perfect.

My next question is, what boost should I hit on a stock turbo? When idling, it sits at like -25- -30 and when its under load, I hit +12 so far. I have a ported intake, exhaust only has a high flow cat and a magnaflow 5" muffler. Not sure if that effects boost. Also added a Forged motorsports recirculating bypass valve with stock spring. Wont add the other until I get a tune.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks clean. I only have around -17 vacuum at idle, hmm wonder what makes the difference.
Ported intake, maybe? I know that made a difference in the feel of the car. I have the hose to the gauge attached to a TB spacer. I didnt think there would be that much vacuum. lol

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
ZZP makes an absolutely killer A-pillar. I've had mine in the Cobalt for over a decade now - people still are amazed at how factory it looks.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Finally got around to installing my ZZP gauge pod. I must say, it fits perfect. Great job, ZZP. All thats left is the wiring. Have to figure out where to connect the dimming/light wire. Im assuming i can tap into some wire right at the switch? Also, Im thinking of using fuse #6 as the switched and #5 as the constant?
Anyway, the most PITA part was getting the factory pillar trim off. Plan on buying a new one and the big clip. I already bought the big clip ahead of time from reading others posts. You'll be lucky if that middle clip tab doesnt break.

Picture below.

View attachment 299335
Looks great!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks nice. On the 1.6 diesel engine at idle is 15 psi. Pushing the pedal gets me 45 psi peaked. Big difference compared to the gasoline engine.
Diesel don’t have vacuum… I have a proper diesel manifold gauge and a pyrometer. I have the 2.0 diesel and at idle, I am reading 0 or in your case (14.7 aka atmosphere) and when I am at wot I can see 30-32 psi (it has a little tune in it). Factory it was only 20-22 psi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts