Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rochas,

I'm having the same issue with my MY14 Holden Cruze Sri-V (manual).

I've had the dealer say on test drive he couldn't hear it and tried another dealer with same sound. (also after delivery mine is the same), so I figured after all 3 are the same, it's just the way they are.

It makes sense that its the wastegate, but surprised it only seems to be reported by manual drivers as you would think that the turbo and wastegate assembly would be the same.
Were Holden able to explain this?

My concern is what is actually causing this? The noise hasn't bothered me in the past but now i'm thinking is something being worn and damaged from this vibration. Could it be the butterfly valve itself?

I would like to know where this "C clamp" is going? Are they actually removing the assembly to fit or is it just being clamped on the outside.

Will book the 3000km inspection soon and will ask, but would like to know they actually know what they are doing before attempting a repair and it sounds like that has not been your experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my MY14 Holden Cruze Sri-V (manual).
I've had the dealer say on test drive he couldn't hear it (yeh right), so I tried another dealer's car with same sound. (also after delivery mine is the same), so I figured after all 3 are the same, it's just the way they are.
It makes sense that its the wastegate, but surprised it only seems to be reported by 'manual' drivers as you would think that the turbo and wastegate assembly would be the same.
Were Holden able to explain this?
My concern is what is actually causing this? The noise hasn't bothered me in the past but now i'm thinking is something being worn and damaged from this vibration. Could it be the butterfly valve itself?
I would like to know where this "C clamp" is going? Are they actually removing the assembly to fit or is it just being clamped on the outside (to stop vibration).
Will book the 3000km inspection soon and will ask, but would like to know they actually know what they are doing before attempting a repair!

Will also enquire about any software update for EVR and Siri Eyes Free

1 - 2 of 2 Posts