Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and just bought my first car, a 2014 Chevy Cruze 1LT. My car doesn't have touch screen but I'm interested in getting mylink. Is this possible & can I get a guide on how to install the latest version? I'm also looking into getting bluetooth audio to work for my car. Right now i can just make calls using bluetooth. Would appreciate a guide on how to get this working!

Thanks!

·
10,712 Posts
Thanks! I see that says "non-navigational mylink" is my vehicle not capable of having the navigational version?
There may a bit more steps uncharted to get there. There are plenty of threads that start years and years ago to get to the point of that thread linked above. Try asking that question in that thread and see where it take you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oh it's possible to add navigation alright----for a price
I spent $800 doing it and did not have to buy a expensive wiring harness
The guy who posted in that link glosses over the actual things that have to happen and the real cost, it is possible though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh it's possible to add navigation alright----for a price
I spent $800 doing it and did not have to buy a expensive wiring harness
The guy who posted in that link glosses over the actual things that have to happen and the real cost, it is possible though
is it even worth it for navigation? i mean i use my iphone for directions and it seems to be fine for me...
also, would changing all the stuff void my manufacturer's warranty?

·
10,712 Posts
is it even worth it for navigation? i mean i use my iphone for directions and it seems to be fine for me...
Worth depends on the person who wants it done. There is a price to pay for that OEM look and feel vs just getting an aftermarket setup. Using the iPhone is possible but risky if you are in an area where cell coverage is etch-a-sketch. Since my data plan was always maxed out from me traveling a lot I ended up just using OnStar (Telematic Navigation) on my basic MyLink. At times that was also questionable when you get into some back woods areas of PA.

Changing your radio does "Kinda" void the warranty if you are still inside your B2B or an extended warranty coverage period. Powertrain warranty will not cover the radio that came installed from the factory. "Kinda" as in you can't claim the new radio to be reprogrammed if an issue occurs. Each year had a few issues that needed updates to fix.

·
Registered
280 Posts
For me more the thrill of the chase, as far as economic viability not worth it by a mile, I had a nice 7" Magellan GPS I put in the dash pod and the map updates are free for it and way more intuitive than the GM GPS which the map updates are $160--the Magellan GPS cost the same as the map update from GM, I did prove it possible and I would say definitely not for the unexperienced, only advice I have is build your own connections-really only requires one connector and the USB and Display cables and stay away from MVI for anything, their harness is way overpriced and they screwed up the programming on my GPS radio big time--very arrogant people there, white automotive is the ONLY guy to program these radios, he writes his own code to fix the buss incompatibilities that happen from going from an earlier year to a later year radio, this problem is being ignored in all the other posts on upgrading the Mylink system, the data buss spec changed from 2011 to 2016 and it can cause data crashes on the GM low speed buss which can cause erratic behavior of everything on the buss, this is a very complicated thing to do upgrading the radio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts