Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
Thanks! I see that says "non-navigational mylink" is my vehicle not capable of having the navigational version?
There may a bit more steps uncharted to get there. There are plenty of threads that start years and years ago to get to the point of that thread linked above. Try asking that question in that thread and see where it take you.

·
10,711 Posts
is it even worth it for navigation? i mean i use my iphone for directions and it seems to be fine for me...
also, would changing all the stuff void my manufacturer's warranty?
Worth depends on the person who wants it done. There is a price to pay for that OEM look and feel vs just getting an aftermarket setup. Using the iPhone is possible but risky if you are in an area where cell coverage is etch-a-sketch. Since my data plan was always maxed out from me traveling a lot I ended up just using OnStar (Telematic Navigation) on my basic MyLink. At times that was also questionable when you get into some back woods areas of PA.

Changing your radio does "Kinda" void the warranty if you are still inside your B2B or an extended warranty coverage period. Powertrain warranty will not cover the radio that came installed from the factory. "Kinda" as in you can't claim the new radio to be reprogrammed if an issue occurs. Each year had a few issues that needed updates to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts