Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

241 - 260 of 507 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
MyLink icons for 2013 climate control:

• Fan speed
  • A/C On/off (Snowflake icon with the words on/off)
  • Temperature setting
  • Mode (Direct, floor, defrost, etc.)
  • Air circulation (Fresh, recirculate, auto)
There is no indication for the rear window defrost.

·
Registered
438 Posts
MyLink icons for 2013 climate control:

• Fan speed
  • A/C On/off (Snowflake icon with the words on/off)
  • Temperature setting
  • Mode (Direct, floor, defrost, etc.)
  • Air circulation (Fresh, recirculate, auto)
There is no indication for the rear window defrost.
That's automatic climate control isn't it? Still trying to determine what the icons are for manual climate control. Might have to take a trip to some chevy dealers today to see what they have in stock.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
That's automatic climate control isn't it?
Correct. I'd think that the manual would either have a blue/red settings instead of the temperature, or eliminate that spot altogether and reposition the others to fill in the spot.

However, wasn't there a section of the flash memory that stored the RPO codes? Maybe this is where that's stored.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Correct. I'd think that the manual would either have a blue/red settings instead of the temperature, or eliminate that spot altogether and reposition the others to fill in the spot.

However, wasn't there a section of the flash memory that stored the RPO codes? Maybe this is where that's stored.
No. RPO codes aren't stored in the radio. I confirmed with techs at 2 different Chevrolet dealers that the codes are only used to setup their computers for recalibrating and that they don't even enter the codes for MyLink systems. This matchs up with the directions in the software update documentation posted which state that the RPO codes for MyLink radios with or without navigation do not need to be entered.

Edit: Sorry about the blurriness of the picture, but I had to sacrifice focus for speed. At the bottom, you'll see that the AC indicator is lit, but that I only have 3 options in my climate control bar on my screen.

IMG_0070.jpg

·
10,686 Posts

No temps on the manual Screen as the dials have indicators unlike ACC.

No. RPO codes aren't stored in the radio. I confirmed with techs at 2 different Chevrolet dealers that the codes are only used to setup their computers for recalibrating and that they don't even enter the codes for MyLink systems. This matchs up with the directions in the software update documentation posted which state that the RPO codes for MyLink radios with or without navigation do not need to be entered.

Edit: Sorry about the blurriness of the picture, but I had to sacrifice focus for speed. At the bottom, you'll see that the AC indicator is lit, but that I only have 3 options in my climate control bar on my screen.

View attachment 217658
4th one to far right IIRC would be A/C on or off.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
Okay, I found a used 2014 manual climate control panel on eBay cheap and ordered it. When it arrives, I'll test it and let you know what the results are.
That could be interesting. The 2013 manual indicates there's a control head and a control unit. Looking at GMPartsDirect, i can't find the control unit, so I'm not sure if they're different between the manual system and the automatic. But somehow it needs to know which one it is.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That could be interesting. The 2013 manual indicates there's a control head and a control unit. Looking at GMPartsDirect, i can't find the control unit, so I'm not sure if they're different between the manual system and the automatic. But somehow it needs to know which one it is.
Control unit plugs in behind the control head. You probably have seen the listing but didn't realize it because of the way it is listed. On tonkinonlineparts, they are listed the same, but the unit is the one without a picture to show it's location or appearance. I'll try swapping the unit first, then depending on how that goes, the head.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does anyone have a 2014 that attempted this MyLink upgrade or removed this radio (below)? Im curious to see if mine already has the correct harness installed.
I have this radio currently.
My Cruze Radio.png

·
Registered
438 Posts
In that case, it's more to it than that. I assume you have to also control it with radio and the 15/16 antenna base also changes for WiFi(reason Visual Garage Shark Fin can't fit it). I guess you can't figure it out if you don't try.
I read through the manuals last night for the wifi enabled OnStar boxes, and while the information can be displayed on your radio, you have to contact OnStar to change settings.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
Does anyone have a 2014 that attempted this MyLink upgrade or removed this radio (below)? Im curious to see if mine already has the correct harness installed.
I have this radio currently.
View attachment 217738
That's the "base" or "green screen" radio. You'll need a harness mod to install a MyLink (with or without Nav). The way the radio communicates to the screen and the button panel is different for the base radio. That's why the different harness.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's the "base" or "green screen" radio. You'll need a harness mod to install a MyLink (with or without Nav). The way the radio communicates to the screen and the button panel is different for the base radio. That's why the different harness.
No chance Chevrolet might have used a universal harness in their vehicles starting in 2013? I can only find one harness listed on part sheets.

·
Registered
248 Posts
just check the picture I posted above today. Keep in mine that this is for touch screen MyLink without Nav.
Is that a factory MyLink installed? My question was, for my radio in my car (2014 lt1) do I have those wires in mine already so I would only have to plug in new equipment and go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
No chance Chevrolet might have used a universal harness in their vehicles starting in 2013?
Given the pinout differences? No way.

The connectors fit, and some of the pinouts are the same. The problem: In the base radio, the silver box talks to the text-based screen. The screen also acts as a controller for the buttons. In the MyLink, the radio connects to the buttons directly. There's a dedicated cable for the video to the screen, but there's still connections to bring the touch-screen data back to the silver box.

On top of that, different radios handle the aux/USB input differently. Some directly connect to the silver box, others to a external box (PDM?)

I would have thought they'd have a universal body harness and just had a different stub depending on the radio - but that's not how they did it. The body harness is built to fix the options.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not much experience with the Cruze, (yet), but what are the thoughts on upgrading an unmolested 2014 MyLink/Touch Scree/Reverse Cam/No Nav, (with Bluetooth streaming no less!), with a Mylink/Nav radio? I am guessing that the wiring harness for the screen would already be there and, of course, it would need a GPS antenna and maybe the control panel with the NAV button but how much different can it be?

241 - 260 of 507 Posts
About this Discussion
506 Replies
37 Participants
modalita
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing