Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,787 Posts
White smoke is engine coolant tampaure sensor n when there bad they can leak cost bout 11 bucks on Amazon for the part and takes about 5 mins to replace
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a used 2013 Cruze LT in February this year from a Nissan dealer (it was a trade-in). About three months later (~April) during a regular oil change the mechanic noticed that it was low on coolant and had some added. Another ~2 months later end of July I had a message "engine hot, A/C off" come on and when I opened the hood I noticed the coolant reservoir was completely empty. I did some research and found that a leaky water pump is a common issue and covered by special coverage 14371. I took my car to my private mechanic with whom I feel comfortable and asked him if he could take a look at the water pump. He noticed it was moist and stained so I had it taken to a Chevy dealer august 1st and they did a pressure test, confirmed it was the water pump and it was replaced under warranty. Now, 1 month later I opened the hood again and noticed the coolant tank is almost completely empty again. As far as I can tell, there are no (obvious) coolant residues near any of the joints in the hoses going to and coming from the coolant reservoir, also such issues should probably have been picked up in the pressure test that was done in the Chevy dealership. Any recommendations what I should do next? It turns out I still have 9 months and 35k miles of powertrain limited warranty on the vehicle but I am unsure what this covers.
me too turned out to be the radiator cap

41 - 44 of 44 Posts