Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all! Turbo blew and figured I would do oil cooler seals while I have it off. Got it removed only to find a loose o ring setting near where the cooler assembly slides into the block. However my assembly had all the proper seals still in place. Can anyone provide insite as to where this may have come from before I put this back together? So far I have replaced the 2 PIP seals(gaskets) and the O ring on the assembly itself along 2with O rings on the collant inlet and outlet lines. The gasket kit came with 7 o rings. 2 tiny ones that I assume are for the turbo oil feed line. A large black one that fit the nub going into the block perfectly. 2 slightly smaller black ones that fit the coolant inlet and outlet perfectly. And last but not least 2 green ones similar in size to the ones used on coolant lines. I can not determin the use of these green o rings but they are the same size as the mystery one I had show up so I must be missing something. Every youtube video on the subject just says 3 seals and I've definetly covered them but idk why I have extra rings or where this one came from. The pics are the complete gasket kit I ordered and a comparison of the O ring found and the ones that remain. Thanks in advance!

This is a 2012 LT 1.4 with 270k on ahh

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts