Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
So I just replaced the turbo oil line, and I'm still finding oil drips on the driveway. It's not leaking on either end of the new line.
I did some poking around and it kind of looks like either the oil pan gasket or something just above it on the passenger side. I wiped everything down that looks oily, so I'll have a better idea in a few days of where the leak is (there is oil all over the place). Oil level is not noticably dropping.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping for a common thing that a bunch of people have done before like the oil line. Process of elimination.
Sincerely,
Anthony

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
992 Posts
Is the side of the engine by the belts oiled? In that case can sensor seals. Could be oil cooler. Pan like you said also.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the side of the engine by the belts oiled? In that case can sensor seals. Could be oil cooler. Pan like you said also.
Ok, so I got the car up on ramps, climbed under there, took the plastic panels off, and I think I found the leak. Looks like there are two. One under the motor mount, and one just inside the front bumper on the passenger side (oil cooler hose?).

-------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
992 Posts
The first one looks like the water pump or the seals on the cams above it. The 2nd pic is too washed out honestly. Is that the intercooler pipe?

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think so. That 2nd pic was taken through the holes in my plastic underbumper panel, passenger side, just behind the plastic fog light popout.
I suppose I'll just take all that crap apart around the cam/waterpump and replace whatever seals I come accross. I'll do a search in this forum for how to's.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first one looks like the water pump or the seals on the cams above it. The 2nd pic is too washed out honestly. Is that the intercooler pipe?

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
47 Posts
water pump and the intercooler pipe.... you will always get a small amount of oil there due to the PVC system feeds into the turbo.... is your CEL on? you may have a PCV system issue. A little oil is common there, but shouldn't be enough too drip. The PCV feeds into the intake side of the turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts