Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 started leaking oil recently from the front of engine. 166,000mi . I just changed the water pump, cam actuator seals, timing cover seal, and pulled and resealed the oil pan. With it sitting in driveway revved to about 2500 for about 30 minutes and let it idle for another 30 minutes. No leaks. Drove it about 15 miles it leaked about 1/2 quart. Put it back on temps and can't get it to leak while sitting.
I also checked the turbo oil tube after reading comments on here but it is clean.
The oil has sprayed all over the right crossmember.
Any helpful ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I checked for the red button (PCV Valve) in the intake. It was there but could it be letting pressure build in the crankcase while driving, but not running in the driveway??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where else is the oil? Besides on the cross member. Are you 100% sure it wasn't just residue that was hiding and as soon as you drove it and it came out? Basically did you reproduce that same issue? Clean it off, drive for a little bit and have your oil low again?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The oil is all over the front of the motor, I cleaned wery well while changing the front seal and oil pan gasket. It only leaks while driving, but not running in driveway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you have any pictures? Are you sure the valve cover isn't leaking all the way down? Front crank seal put in the right way? I thiiiiiink it was between the head and block that there's supposed to be a rap of rtv?

Do you happen to have any pictures of it?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A mechanic friend said to put the old valve cover back on.
The valve cover is not leaking

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
And I checked for the red button (PCV Valve) in the intake. It was there but could it be letting pressure build in the crankcase while driving, but not running in the driveway??
It's possible. I think I've heard someone else make the same comment. I think there's a crankcase pressure test you can do to see if that's happening. Ping XtremeRevolution if you can't find it.

When it fails, the crankcase gets turbo pressure and oil will leak from anywhere it can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts