Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here is in the military? lets get a discussion going here about what you do and who you do it for and how long you have done it. i will start out
i am a SGT in the army, active duty 9 years as a 15t (uh-60 mechanic) and am now a technical inspector. been deployed 4 times, 3 iraq and 1 afghanistan currently at ft lewis. lets get it going!

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
I am a Corporal in the Marine Corps. Boot camp in Parris Island (side note was in same platoon as the new medal of honor recip Dakota Myers) Was stationed in Hawaii in 3/3 Lima co.

First deployment I was a m249 saw gunner in Garma Iraq of 07'. Half way through I was attached to scout sniper plt for a couple missions then attached to EOD for security for the remainder of the deployment. Of course I made a moto video of it. [video=facebook;26236895033]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=26236895033[/video]

Second deployment was a team leader in Iraq 09'.

I joined when i was In mu senior year in high school at 17. Was in the delayed entry program for 9 months till after my graduation of 06'. I've been out since 2010 June. Possibly looking to do active reservist just so I can pick up sgt and shoot my M16 again :(

Sent from iPhone 4

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Army Military camouflage Soldier Military Troop
Soldier Army Military Military uniform Infantry
Soldier Military Army Gun Military person

Here's some motivation!
Btw If anyone is wondering why we r not wearing camo. It's because there was a brief period when the marine corps was looking into flame resistant camo (frog suits as they now are called) the only thing that was flame retardant that they had to offer us at the time was flight suits. That's what we wore for 90% of the deployment.

Sent from iPhone 4

·
Registered
703 Posts
Former USAF Sgt (back when that was still a rank), 1987-1992. Primary AFSC 462x0, F-16 Airmunitions Tech. Joined on DEP my senior year of high school and went to BMT the September after I graduated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks to all who served.
Thanks for the moto photos tecollins1.
I will still like you even though you were 3rd herd. j/k
I am also Marine Corps. Jan 1975 to Jan 1979. Boot camp plt 2014 graduated 25 April 1975, San Diego. Waiting for tecollins1 to say Hollywood Marine.................That didn't take long. (wink)
A photo of me at 29 Palms in 1977 and my ride at the time. Bought with money I saved while in the Philippines for 15 months. It is a 72.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Classic car Sedan

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Use to be name, rank, and serial number. What changed? Use to earn 11 cents per hour defending our country, guess that changed too. Hazardous duty pay was something like 30 bucks extra per month, but they got most of that back in damaged uniforms.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I'm a MSgt in the USAF, 17 years in Aug, served in Bosnia, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and a few other places that won't be mentioned here.
Used to work here

Now I work here

and here

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Retired Senior Chief Fire Controlman, 22 years. Retired Aug 2010. Now work supporting the SPY-1 Radar program office at the Washington Navy Yard.

5 Ships:

USS Robison DDG-12
USS Fife DD-991
USS Chandler DDG-996
USS John F. Kennedy CV-67
USS Nassau LHA-4

·
Registered
163 Posts
Retired Air Force Reserve Senior Master Sergeant. I served for 13 years active and the final 12 in the Reserve. My primary job was aircraft structural repair. I served at Loring AFB, Maine for 2 years, Clark AB, Republic of the Philippines for 5 years, Lackland AFB, Texas for 2 years as a TI (drill instructor), Nellis AFB, Nevada for 3 years as a 1st Sgt, and then got out of active and went into the Reserves at McChord AFB, Washington for the last 12 years as a 1st Sgt for 6 years and a Senior Enlisted Adviser to the Reserve commander at McChord until I retired in 1998.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CM2 (Construction Mechanic) in the Navy Reserves out of NOSC Miami, Served 5 years active as an Aviation Structural Mechaninc stationed with VAW-123 in Norfolk VA and did three deployments aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.