Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance if this was already a thread.

I recently bought a 2015 Chevy Cruze LT with no nav system and was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to take out the info screen currently installed and put in the OEM nav screen?

thank you!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Way more complex than just plug N play .

Reactions: BrandoFisher117

·
10,712 Posts
Way more complex than just plug N play .
This in a nutshell. You could look up all the parts and then add hours of dealer tinkering behind the scenes "if willing" and end up with a radio and Nav combo 3xs the price of an aftermarket unit that also plays movies and other things MyLink lacks in today's technology.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Sounds like I am way better off going with an aftermarket receiver. What would you recommend? I am looking at crutchfield currently.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Thanks guys! Sounds like I am way better off going with an aftermarket receiver. What would you recommend? I am looking at crutchfield currently.
I personally wouldn't do that. Aftermarket is pretty junk in newer vehicle, so you will have lots of problems with no fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally wouldn't do that. Aftermarket is pretty junk in newer vehicle, so you will have lots of problems with no fix.
So just don't upgrade it at all? I am just not a fan of the pixel info screen. A touch screen would be nicer.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
So just don't upgrade it at all? I am just not a fan of the pixel info screen. A touch screen would be nicer.
Agreed.

Why didnt you buy it that way?

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you have the green screen, which I hate also (that's why I got the mylink / back up camera combo. But, I bought it new. There is an option to move the green screen into the top cubby hole and put a tablet (8" or aftermarket touch screen stereo) in the hole that will be there. Personally, I would put a tablet there, that's a pretty cheap option. You can get the kit on ebay. Just search the forums, and there are some discussions about this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the San Antonio 640 off Crutchfield and am extremely pleased with it.
Nathan, thank you! would you mind posting a picture of yours? just to see an example. Was it hard to do? I am good with car wiring so splicing wires does not scare me one bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts