Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Did some searching and i can't find anything on this. I have a 2011 Chevy cruze without the navigation radio.

I realized that there is a navigation option on the speedometer screen (option 8 when scrolling down). I have a trial of onstar and used the navigation once, but didn't care for it since you can't silence it (kept cutting off my music though i could see the directions). I wanted to know if there was any way to use a third party device to show up on the screen?

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
It is NOT 3rd party compatible, the software code in the car would actually have to be manipulated or open sourced to a company which Chevy is not going to do. It also opens up a world for hackers to manipulate door locks etc if they get access to the code and break the hash encryption.

·
Registered
91 Posts
with the navigation equipped vehicles the speedo screen displays the turn directions when set to "navigation",or at least it does on my sri-v,however the OEM nav system is somewhat less accurate than the nav system in our BMW

·
10,713 Posts
In the non nav MyLink models you can have it on both the DIC and the touchscreen(via OnStar). Haven't tried it in a nav MyLink Cruze yet.

On the ATS and CTS, they have some sort of open source ability but haven't researched it since it didn't pertain to us.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Doesn't Mapquest have an option where you can send/download directions you get from its website to your car's Onstar nav system?

·
10,713 Posts
Doesn't Mapquest have an option where you can send/download directions you get from its website to your car's Onstar nav system?
Via the OnStar website and Remotelink app, yes but it's Bing. A few times it got me "close enough" but I mostly press the blue button and get my moneys worth while I still have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts