Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
I don't own one but have been researching the Cruze and other compacts for a while now. Cars are more complicated than they used to be so more little things will go wrong. If I were to base it on my experience with my Cobalt I would say Chevy doesn't make the most reliable cars out there but that's not a secret.
If you are going strictly for reliability than go for a Corolla. The car is backwards in many ways and not a good driver but if you just want to go from point A to point B and don't care how you get there this is the one to get.
If you are going for reliability plus a good driving car pick the Subaru Impreza. I drove the Cruze, Impreza, Focus and Civic. To me, the Impreza had the best seats and handled very well but was a little noisy, the Cruze was second best but I didn't like the seats (everyone is different though) and was the quietest and rode nicely, the Focus shifted harshly and felt cramped, the Civic had the worst seats and there was a vibration in the steering column and I didn't like it at all.
The most glaring reliability issue right now for the Cruze is the anti-freeze smell. For me that's a deal breaker but if they fix that issue than you could expect middling reliability but have a much better driving vehicle than the Corolla.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.