Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need a trouble free car. Should I buy a Cruze? Seems like there's lots of issues??

5921 Views 33 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  ErikBEggs
Hello,

My last 2 cars have been Toyota Corollas. not fancy, BUT, each one has gone a quarter of a million miles with ZERO problems & NEVER had to go back to the car dealer for repairs. just normal maintenance over the years.

My job gives me extremely little free time. Having a car that breaks down, especially a brand new on after plunking down a considerable amount of money, and having to miss work to sit in a car dealer for repairs is not an option for me. I can't do it.

I really like the looks of the Chevy Cruze. BUT, you folks seem to have a ton of problems with it. A brand new car stinking of engine coolant? coolant on the windshield? etc, etc, etc. I don't have that now with my 12 year old corolla. I'm not going to put up with that with a new car.

Question for you folks: Just how reliable has your Cruze been? How long have you had it & how many times have you had to bring it back to the car dealer for repairs? Lastely, would you buy it again?

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance for any help/advice you can offer!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
got less than 1000 miles on my 2013, have had no trouble with it so far. I would make the purchase again. The car drives well and has great features for the price, the combination of economy/ power and safety are unmatched in this class as well. Am sure there will be some issues with my cruze as well eventually- in today's world, there is no such thing as a trouble- free car :cry:.

fyi- my friend bought a new corolla a few months back- the auto transmission is from the 80s, it's horrible! I had a 95 & think that was better ...

good luck with your hunt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.