Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need Advice 2013 Cruze LT

644 6
My car is seemingly stuck. The key turns on the headlights, the dash, and the wipers, but I can't control anything else. The car won't start either. Something is clicking under the fuse box (hood), and throttle is clicking. The body control module is doing absolutely nothing.
Where do I need to start? What to buy? Does a dealership have to reset the ECU/ECM? I use laptop & forscan for my fords, but I'm not finding software for GM.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
That could also be the dodgy negative battery cable failure at it's worst level. If its that, there is a 10 year/100k TSB on that part.

An alternative if you go heavy for audio is to pickup the Big3 kit from CruzeKits.com which replaces the factory 8 gauge wires with 4 Gauge:
  • Alternator to Battery Positive,
  • Battery to Chassis Ground,
  • Chassis to Engine Block Ground.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its actually a warranty and not a TSB. TSB the consumer will pay the repair, warranty then Chevy pays the repair. And its actually 120K according to what I found online.
Ah thanks for the correction. The mega dealership (west herr) I purchased the car through never contacted me on any warrany extensions. This is the first car I've owned that's been in any kind of warranty for part of my ownership of it so I never got into the dealer (mommy) first mentality. Most of my cars have lasted longer than any of my non-wrenching friends have thought possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the MDI2 and Techline subscription to reprogram my BCM. No success programming OG BCM, after flood. I bought a donor pcm, same part number. The BCM must have partially programmed, because after failure message on Techline, I clicked reprogram (again). I got a message stating this is the same calibration, ok or cancel.
My car still doesn't start, and radio still says locked (like theft deterrent). My key buttons don't work, but the blade will lock all four doors from the driver. The open doors are dinging again, and heater blows again.
I'm not sure what to do next. I just want it to run and drive...sigh. I don't have the $400 start off for them to MAYBE have a solution

Is it possible to use a donor BCM?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts