Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to disconnect the hood release sensor so that the auto stop feature will be disabled on my 2016 Cruze.
I have had the new car one week.

The fan slows down and the air conditioning is not as cool when the car shuts down.
I live in a large city in Texas in a area that has a lot of road construction going on right now.

The temperatures are over 95 most afternoons on my one hour drive home in stop and go traffic.
I have been miserable in this car because of the way the air conditioning reacts.

The auto stop will not be a problem once things cool down but right now I just want a normal car.

The car does not have a remote start feature.

What cautions and advice would you give about disconnecting the hood sensor?
Will this set off alerts or caution messages?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Try flipping the A/C to MAX. This should disable the auto-stop feature.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
IIRC, if you creep forward after it stops the engine, it will restart and not stop again until you get underway.

I'm not sure what the car will do if it thinks the hood is open, It may refuse to get up to highway speeds or something like that.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Wouldn't override a safety such as the hood is open. I would first tint the windows to help reflect more sun, did this in my car in San Diego after living in Missouri and it helped a lot. Also in stop and go traffic I shift my car into 1st gear and let it creep forward so I am not constantly on and off the throttle and brakes. That would keep that car running also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts