Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need advice on shocks.

5096 19
Had my tires replaced on the CTD yesterday and they said my rear shocks were not good. That's why I had some cupping issues on the rears. So I just wanted a bit of advice as to what you guys have used for shocks. Looking to maintain good ride quality and have a bit a sporty feel. Real world advice always rules. Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never rotated my tires. Maybe that's half the problem. But, I didn't think 60k on shocks was very good. I have really never heard of them even going bad.

· Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, my tires made noise and definitely wopped. The new tires are super quiet and definitely ride better than even when my original tires were new. They quoted me $478 for the shocks installed. Seemed pricey. I am just going to replace them myself. I youtubed it and the job seems REALLY easy and straightforward.

· Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good call on Tire Rack. Went online, they have them in stock. Spoke to their rep via chat session. $112 each shipped to my home. They will be there tomorrow. No charge for shipping. Thanks MP81...awesome information.

· Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drove in the snow last night. The Cruze used to be scary bad with the stock Goodyears on it. Just replaced them with Hankook H735's. It's literally a night and day difference. WAY better in the snow, quieter ride, better handling. No comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.